The Dead Don't Hurt

10 minute conversation in French and I have no idea what they said. Very slow movie.
    I was very surprised to learn that Viggo Mortensen wrote and directed "The Dead Don't Hurt". Dialogue is frugal but effective, actor performances are convincing and there is human warmth to the story that will keep you thinking about the movie long after the final credits have rolled.
    Great locations, but otherwise mediocre. Characters are all stereotypes, and the story is a jumble of well-worn tropes, at times predictable, at times implausible.
    'The Dead Don't Hurt' is a visually striking modest slow-burn Western drama that is both touching and thoughtful.
    The pace is too slow, there are too many wide shots (you miss the nuances!) and so.many.brutal.scenes. First time walking out of the cinema before the movie ends. Why was this movie made? Great actors tho, for that I give the two stars.
    Amazing screenplay with wonderfully formed characters that is a gripping tale of love and loss. My favourite movie at the munich film festival.
    This was an atypical western. The pace allowed for character development and veered away from standard heroics . The characters became people, imperfect in their decisions. I had not seen Vicky Krieps in a film before, but her performance in The Dead Don't Hurt is unforgettable....and Oscar worthy.
    Wonderful. Great performances and beautiful throughout. Mortenson is a very good film-maker.
    too long/slow and constant flashbacks.
    At first I wasn't sure, but then it got better & better & the ending is perfect!!!!