The Exorcist: Believer

I've never seen faith have no importance other than that chosen by the screenwriter... as always Evil, the devil exists and does what he wants, Hollywood understands this well, and the opposite, God is nothing more than a forgotten image. It seems like they forgot to study before producing a film. It's so superficial that it makes you sleepy...
    Nowhere near as bad as what many make this out to be. Generally pretty creepy...and the 2 young girls in particular deliver excellent performances. I'm a big fan of the original and was I quite okay with how this film sat in the movie series. Worth a go for any horror fan.
    This movie is and never will be the original the original is the best, but this movie gave me goosebumps it’s by far the best horror possession film iv seen since the original movie the beginning was a little slow but the end made up for that! Definitely worth watching!
    Vale pela revisitada na franquia, pelas vantagens que a tecnologia pode proporcionar e alguns pontos relacionados a citação de outras religiões. No mais, empolga/assusta muito pouco e não chega nem perto do clássico. Vale mencionar um outro ponto positivo, que foi a "aparição" de algumas caras conhecidas, e isso trouxe uma nostalgia enorme. David Green perambulou por "pérolas" pouco conhecidas e chegou até a uma trilogia de pouco sucesso em alguns Halloween mais recentes. Ainda não foi dessa vez que emplacou.
    Finally got to watch the movie, honestly don’t get all the hate. We liked it. The girls were excellent, nice nods to original without copying it.
    Just awful, makes Exorcist 2 look like a classic! I'm surprised the mail man wasn't invited in to have ago at an Exorcism, super disappointing
    literally dont bother
    Many nods to the original. Never overdone. I thought it was an excellent, modern take take on the age old story of possession
    I wasn't sure what I expected from the film going in, but I was pleasantly surprised by the narrative about family, faith, and religion.
    I really do not take pleasure in some reviews or evaluations. None at all, really. The cold, hard facts approach can be helpful. 1. The Exorcist, 1973, one of the greatest horror movies ever shown on a big screen and transcended movies, iconic 2. The Exorcist Believer, 2023, one of the worst possession movies ever put on the big screen. 3. An ordinate amount of money was spent purchasing the rights to do this movie and two (2) others: ego. So those involved could say they have rights. To commercialize the success of the Exorcist name for money. 4. The studio behind The Exorcist Believer is known for getting their hands on excellent movies with a legacy and then doing something awful: The Exorcist Believer, Firestarter, Fantasy Island, and The Craft Legacy. Movies or TV shows did something special, so Blumhouse wants to use their success and ride coats for money. One has to wonder why Blumhouse doesn't spend time and money rebooting, realigning, or restarting all the movies it has been involved with originally, namely, Gem and Holograms. This would take work and not guarantee as much success as using the names of movies or shows that already made money. 5. The Exorcist Believer special effects, the part that The Exorcist did so well (and still hold up all things being considered), were quite frankly awful. Silly really. 6. The script and ending are awful. There was nothing for the actors to sink their teeth into. 7. OVERALL a TV "scary" movie of the week type, which is fine for TV but not anywhere close to what one expects to find in movie medium. FYI, maybe if Blumhouse had not been scared it would have been released on the designated 13th of October and actually done better. Rather, in a "chicken" move, Blumhouse, aka Jason Blum, pulls the release date to avoid dueling it out with a much different movie, the Taylor Swift Era movie. Yet everyone has to listen to Blum talk about being a "competitor." Competitors do not duck. For instance, Barbie stuck guns and stayed on the day it wanted for release, duked it out with Oppenheimer and got all sorts of fans to theaters. Seeing both on the same night! That can happen with, say, Swift movies of any type and then scary or most any sort of differing genre. You want to catch a couple or drop some family off for one and go into the other.  Yes, the studios and those involved make an impact and warrant our discussions in the movies they contribute to putting out!