The French Dispatch

Very solid, Wes Anderson delivers as allways!
    I'm a Wes Anderson fan. Or at least I was. TFD was beautifully shot (of course) but the story line and characters were just boring. Honestly let the side down, gut punch boring. Meh.
    3 stories. 1 was watchable. 2 were unbearable. 1/3 of a decent movie.
    I am an usual fan of Wes Anderson's work, but this one failed to get me. Maybe because i was expecting too much and was disappointed by an ok movie.
    What a cinematic MASTERPIECE. I need to be clear up front, this is a very weird and unique movie. You need to literally watch and hear every word to follow…not easy to follow. BUT…it is so unique and so masterfully filmed that it's impossible to not rate this as a genius work of art. First off…here is just SOME of the genius cast: Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, Benecio Del Toro, Adrien Brody, Timothee Chalamet, Tilda Swinton, Christoph Waltz, and Henry Winkler…just to name a few. Next…some of this is in color, some black and white…the colors are phenomenally put together and the cinematography may be the best I've seen in years…each scene is beautifully filmed to make each scene pleasing to watch. Although hard to follow at times, it all comes together in different chapters…and the writing…may be the best in years also. Because of it being so unique, the writing team made it "sound" so flowing and beautifully spoke also.
    I enjoy wes Anderson but this was to much even for him. The hole movie felt like a huge flex of his ego , no substance and no rhythm. I was so excited to see it but just felt myself falling into a deeper sleep and yearning for it to finish.
    Bottle Rocket is one of my favorite movies. This POS is such a pretentious waste of time... I wonder how both movies were created by the same person. I am all for fanciful movies but this film is an embarrassment to all involved.
    It was a good Anderson, not the best, but I enjoyed it. Benicio was the best part of the movie.
    None of the stories are interesting and the cast is given nothing to do.
    One of Wes Anderson's finest.