The French Dispatch

Feel good movie. The humour might not be for everyone. Little skits with incredible methodical cinematography and perfect acting. Like an impressionist painting, Anderson showed us characters and leaves us to feel and interpret its imagery.
    Hands down Anderson's worst attempt. This is kind of like when Spielberg made that War of the Worlds remake as his one flop. The French Dispatch is a collection of unrelated vignettes; no plot involved. Each one is arguably terrible- decent, at best. Even in the face of COVID I wanted to like it but let's be honest: it wasn't designed to be liked.
    Aren’t films supposed to have an intrigue ? Maybe Wes Anderson should stick to pretty photography.
    This film was very good. Entertaining. Fun. I enjoyed it.
    Assistir o filme em partes seria uma boa ideia. É bem divertido, mas é um pouco difícil de acompanhar. Perdi o fio da meada diversas vezes assistindo esse filme, e precisei dar replay em alguns textos, então esse definitivamente não é o filme pra assistir quando você estiver cansado e quiser relaxar. De qualquer forma, eu realmente gostei, e pretendo procurar mais obras do Wes Anderson para assistir depois.
    wes anderson, please never change
    Normally I love Wes Anderson movies. I didn't make it all the way through this one. I'd ceased paying attention & was trying to "hold on" and make it through, but finally hit stop 20 min from the end.
    Wow. This film is insufferable and inconsequential, it is all style over substance and exhausting in it's naval gazing misplaced nostalgia. If you love Wes Anderson this might be his zenith, I just like him, so unfortunately for me it's his nadir.
    Wes Anderson has crafted an epic cinematic narrative with "The French Dispatch," a masterpiece that explores the love for European culture through an imaginary magazine. The director stages four interconnected stories, bringing to life iconic characters portrayed by a stellar cast, including Benicio Del Toro, Tilda Swinton, and Frances McDormand. The film opens with the announcement of the death of the magazine's founder, Arthur Howitzer Jr., masterfully played by Bill Murray. Each story unfolds with a unique and captivating visual style, revealing Anderson's brilliance in blending aesthetics and narrative. The cinematography by Robert D. Yeoman and Alexandre Desplat's music add layers of emotional and visual depth. In "Il Capolavoro di Cemento," Anderson paints a surreal fresco of the art world, offering a satire on the greed of art dealers. The story of "Revisioni a un Manifesto" captures the tumultuous energy of student riots, while "La Sala da Pranzo Privata del Commissario di Polizia" provides a suspenseful experience amid drugs and haute cuisine. "The French Dispatch" is more than a film; it is a work of art that celebrates Anderson's mastery in creating unique visual worlds. With a runtime of 108 minutes, the film takes audiences on an exciting and unforgettable journey, confirming Wes Anderson as one of the most visionary and distinctive directors of our time.
    I have to be honest, this film didn't sit well with me. It felt chaotic, with a disjointed plot that left me feeling disoriented at times, struggling to keep track of where the story was headed. The characters seemed to bounce between different storylines, creating a sense of confusion and making it difficult to grasp the narrative. It's almost as if the film was all over the place, lacking a cohesive direction. While some may be drawn to watch this movie for Timothée Chalamet's presence, particularly a certain scene, I personally didn't find much else to hold my interest. Despite being a fan of Chalamet's work, this film failed to capture my attention. It felt lackluster and unengaging, with the focus seemingly centered on a singular aspect rather than a compelling storyline. In the end, the film left me feeling underwhelmed and craving more substance beyond the buzz surrounding a specific scene.