The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard

, 27% Rotten Tomatometer Score
  • Despite the charms of its ensemble, The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard fails to protect the audience from repetitive and tired genre tropes.
    Roxana HadadiMediaversity Reviews
    The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard relies on racially themed humor that's mostly self aware but ultimately unfunny.
    Stephen RomeiThe Australian
    This is a well-acted, amusingly-scripted, poorly-plotted, violent, vulgar and profane bit of fun, for those who like that sort of thing.
    Wenlei MaNews.com.au
    Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard never manages to get past execrable, unable to choose between being an unimaginative and vulgar action-comedy or a limp National Lampoon-esque parody.
    Tara BradyIrish Times
    Here comes Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard to test your faith in all of these stars and humanity in general.
    Clarisse LoughreyIndependent (UK)
    The action clumps along, mixing picturesque European locales with choppy edits and ungainly camera angles.
    Chris StuckmannChrisStuckmann.com
    I never once was bothered by the movie, but I couldn't help but notice: it's kind of bad. It's just kind of a bad movie.
    Ronak KotechaThe Times of India
    The action is good, not very slick, but the comedic parts make up for the lack of great action.
    Mark EllisSchmoes Know
    Don't take it seriously... and you'll have a lot of fun.
    Vincent SchillingIndian Country Today
    I can't get enough of the relationship between Ryan Reynolds and Samuel Jackson, throw in Salma Hayek, Morgan Freeman and Antonio Banderas and stick a fork in me, I'm done.
    Shawn EdwardsFox 4 Kansas City
    I know it's meant to be fun, but it ends up just being tragically painful to watch.