The Hustle

Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I didn't finish it, and didn't mind. Hathaway's British accent is terrible and it's just Fat Amy in a different setting, but not as funny.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Not worthy to be in the same genre of dirty rotten scoundrels. I'm not sure if the writing or the acting is worse. Anne Hathaway's accents were especially bad and the dirty humor is not even close to being funny.
    Gostei muito do filme uma pegada bem humorada.
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Yet another nail in the coffin of gender-swap movie remakes, The Hustle feels like it was made by a bunch of people lounging around on the French Riviera, who seen Dirty Rotten Scoundrels one time, deciding to make a quick, easy buck during their holiday. It's interesting that the poster says, ‘They're Giving Dirty Rotten Men A Run For Their Money', considering our leads spend their time conning the dumbest, most gullible men on planet Earth. The concept of taking a pre-existing film and simply switching gender while leaving the plot largely intact makes no sense to me, since you're essentially still making the same film. I have fond memories of watch Caine and Martin compete in swindling folk out of their money, but this film is devoid of any real joy or interest. I've never found Rebel Wilson and her tired schtick funny, and here it's stretched to breaking point. It's obvious that she's been given free reign to improvise, and as a result we get scene after scene of completely dead air, no background sound, musical score, no laughter, just an actress flailing in a futile attempt to get a chuckle. Clearly the filmmakers think she's funny, but that amusement clearly never reaches the audience. The plot is near-identical to DRS, aside from the gender swap of course, and the screenplay is listless and stupid, with characters spouting lines like ‘It's on, like Kim Kardashion', while Rebel Wilson comments about making a phone call, then literally simulating how a phone call is made, complete with sound effects. It's a shame to see Academy Award winner Anne Hathaway wasting her time with this film, a dull, amusement-free slog that only serves to make movies like Oceans 8 and the 2016 Ghostbusters seem far better in hindsight.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Rebel Wilson is hilarious!!!!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    As a fan of the original 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels', I went into this with the expectation that viewers would be treated to a funny, creative re-imagining of the source material. Unfornately the script is too carbon-copied, and Hathaway and Wilson do not hold a candle to Steve Martin and Michael Caine. Instead we got unamusing, unconvincing scenes that felt rushed in today's modern editing world. Rebel Wilson tries to deliver the funny, but her delivery and expressionless face make a lot of the jokes fall flat. Anne Hathaway's bad accents aren't funny but ridiculous and annoying. Rebel fails to bring the same charm Steve brought to the table. Anne has none of the finesse Caine brought to the role. As much as I wanted to enjoy this, you're better off checking out Martin and Caine's version.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Actually the worst movie I've seen in a while. It would only be funny to an elementary schooler. I actually can't believe that they had that in the theaters.
    Friggin hilarious absolutely loved this film. Two great leads and a ok plot but my god it’s funny. Really funny.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Great movie overall. To everyone complaining it's a remake, so was Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. The funny part about switching the genders is that ultimately it becomes a movie about two women trying to outsmart a man but the man outsmarting them. DSR already was a movie about woman empowerment, so it needed a sequel more than a remake. Still decent.
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    the movie so bad in so many level