The Hustle

Comedy with rather silly and at times bizarre humour, it was entertaining but it was... one of those comedies of...You don't have to think, but just laugh when someone falls down. Also felt at times, a joke going too far, so it's not funny anymore (pretending to be the crazy sister bit, just seemed to go on and on... and even continued after the credits too) It was watch and forget kind of film for me. Wanted to see partly for Hathaway as I have not seen her in a comedy for a while, she was not bad here, but I felt this was too silly for her now.
    Mildly entertaining, but pretty stupid. I should have expected it given Rebel Wilson was featured. Anne Hathaway makes strange choices of films with which to be involved.
    Wahahahahahahaha... Rebel always funny, it's entertaining.
    A very fast paced thief comedy that falls short of anything resembling comedy, with a plot that can be read from a mile out.
    American comedy films like this remain so transparently disinterested in culture beyond their own that they rely on dated shtick in lieu of- at minimum- Google Translate, proudly remaining in the era of Ace Ventura. Redundant age-old Hollywood transgressions behind, this bit of nonsense tickled my last brain cell silly after a long day. Both actors are a hoot and manage to be delightful enough for legitimate belly laughs. I begrudgingly recommend it for hangovers and the like.
    I lost 27 minutes of my life. Save yours.
    Let's begin with the story, which is not good in any way. This movie relies so heavily on the comedy aspect of the film that it's like they forgot about the story itself. It doesn't help that about ¾ of the jokes told never stick the landing or seem so random that it just doesn't fit with what's going on in that moment of the film. The pacing in this movie is also terrible with it taking a weird approach to set up the movie and how the two women meet. I found the train car scene very weird and it made Rebel Wilson's character seem like such a klutz which I think contradicts her later actions. Anne Hataway and Rebel Wilson do a somewhat decent job in the film, but at times it feels like they are trying too hard to make the jokes seem funny. For instance, Anne Hathaway's accent ends up sounding like Emily Blunt (which isn't a bad thing, just a weird choice for her character) and Rebel Wilson is using some of her old gags from other movies that most of her line delivery just feels unoriginal. The supporting cast also does a decent job, but nobody really ever stands out. Especially Alex Sharp's character who I found to be very annoying by the end of the film. Speaking of the ending of the film, it was probably one of the worst endings to a film I have ever seen. There is absolutely no pay-off and makes you feel like you just wasted your time. The surprise twist at the end that Thomas is a con artist too is not surprising and seems like it was a basic choice just to try and pull you back in after an uneventful 2nd act. Then for the lead characters to do absolutely nothing to stop Thomas from taking their money is such a bad move on the story team's part. I would have loved to have seen Hathaway and Wilson pull off a scheme together since their "bonding" moment at the end of the film didn't feel deserved. All in all, The Hustle is a boring, unimaginative film that takes two A-list actors and does nothing new with them. The story takes a turn for the worst in the final act and has completely no fun to it at all. Even with the slight jokes that landed, it couldn't have saved The Hustle from being a total disaster. Read more reviews like this at postcreditreviews.com
    una peli de mujeres, "delincuentes" que se no te llegan a convencer del todo, no hay mucho que decir, un poco de comedia con un poco de accion y es todo lo que da la pelicula, no hay momentos épicos de ningún actor, recomendable para ver en tv.
    Well, the actors were OK. They almost save this thing with their personalities. But this was a movie that I watched to the end because I wanted to see the cars towed away after the wreck. I had to keep reminding myself this movie was a comedy, because it delivered very few laughs. Almost none of the laughs came from the writing, but from the performances of the actors as they extracted as much humour as they could from the poor material they were given. Where are the gags? There are none. It was as if the producers of this thing just gave up on having a script, pointed a camera at the girls and said "OK, now be funny". And they tried. Sometimes they succeeded, just by making silly faces. That's the extend of success found in this film though. What the hell is this script? I feel bad for everyone who signed on to do this thing. The ending.... I can't believe that an already bad movie had such a bad ending that it actually made it WORSE. 1 star, because the cast saved it from being a 0.
    It's funny and engages you through it story. But not memorable. Is it a late night movie to watch while eating popcorn? hell yeah.