The Hustle

Don't understand why a group of people make a movie about nothing. There is no story, not a believable story, no acting, the 2 actresses were making a complete fool of themselves. I actually feel sorry for them. I can't imagine what the director was thinking or not thinking at all. It's not a comedy for sure, not sure what it is.
    I watched this film by accident - because I stumbled upon a scene at the beginning that somehow felt familiar. Of course, it did not take me long to recognize that this was a dumbed down and gender-swapped version of the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, itself a remake of the Bedtime Story. And then I watched it to the end, feeling immobilised and helpless in front of a train wreck that kept on somehow increasing the stakes. The film is desperately trying to be cute and funny, failing at both accounts. Where the DRS is smart, the Hustle is dumb. The characters were slightly modernised copies of the ones in the DRS, but as if they were performing in a children show where the target audience were girls between 3 and 10, with the occasional glimpse of acting by Hathaway. Considering the today's tendency to do the gender-swap just for the sake of it and that I feel that that was the only reason why this film had ever been thought of as a good idea, I cannot but stop thinking how the best conman in the DRS was the woman.
    Si ignoramos las expectativas por las anteriores versiones, esta comedia funciona bien, hay escenas bastante buenas y graciosas y la dupla protagónica es muy efectiva.
    I wanted light entertainment; an easy-going comedy and this is exactly what I got. I disagree with all the haters. So many reviewers apparently take themselves (and this movie) too seriously. Granted, I haven't seen the previous incarnations of this story, but as a standalone movie it serves its purpose. I always love Rebel Wilson, and Anne Hathaway is great in this too (although her attempt at an Australian accent is rather poor).
    The funniest movie I have ever seen. Rebel and Anne are both hilarious on their own, and together they are a match made in heaven. 11/10 recommend.
    Amazingly unfunny remake of a remake (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Bedtime Story) has attractive French Riviera settings and a star duo, but it simply all doesn't fit together to be an entertaining comedy.
    Idea and humor were fine. Plot was rather incomplete and did not feel thought through. A lot of room for improfment concerning the plot which would´ve made the movie way better. still had fun watching it as I enjoy most comedies
    Idiotic comedy is what it is. Usual high standard of laughs from Rebel Wilson and an unexpectedly funny turn from Anne Hathaway elevate the limp storyline into something better. Keep your expectations in line and enjoy it for what it is.
    Comedy with rather silly and at times bizarre humour, it was entertaining but it was... one of those comedies of...You don't have to think, but just laugh when someone falls down. Also felt at times, a joke going too far, so it's not funny anymore (pretending to be the crazy sister bit, just seemed to go on and on... and even continued after the credits too) It was watch and forget kind of film for me. Wanted to see partly for Hathaway as I have not seen her in a comedy for a while, she was not bad here, but I felt this was too silly for her now.
    Mildly entertaining, but pretty stupid. I should have expected it given Rebel Wilson was featured. Anne Hathaway makes strange choices of films with which to be involved.