The Hustle

Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    What a ridiculously dumb movie. I watched it as something just to have on and it still was dumb. I hate that I’ve used the word “dumb” twice and I rarely use it especially for movies but that’s all that comes to mind that would be appropriate. At least rebel Wilson and Anne Hathaway are good actresses.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    One of the worst movies I've seen. I love Rebel Wilson and Anne Hathaway, but this one's a stinker. Anne Hathaway's accent in this is so distractingly bad that I could barely keep watching. The obvious green screen moments take you completely out of the movie, and the overall plot of the movie is just rough. I went in with LOW expectations, thinking it would just be a feel good time. IT was so painful to watch at moments that it took all I had not to just shut off the movie. SPOILER ALERT... .. . . . . The ending of the movie makes it even less redeemable. The story is seemingly told as... two women con artists, one much more experienced and refined at her craft than the other are tricked by a male con artist. Who then offers an olive branch and wants to team up with them. Great message in a world where we are trying to lift up our female protagonists.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Fun cheeky light hearted comedy
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Despite vulgar and mostly stupid sense of humour, it has a few laughs.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I scrolled past this on Prime and it looked like fun, as Rebel Wilson is always a hoot. There is a voice-over reading the stage directions from the beginning. I was hoping it would stop at some point but it didn't, and I almost had to stop watching because of it. This would have been just a dumb movie without it but almost unwatchable as it is. I'm usually careful to check reviews but sadly gave this one a chance.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    At first, I didn't know this was a ripoff of "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels." I kept saying over & over "this seems like a knockoff." It was only after I read a few reviews I saw it was true. It definitely has a few updated funny moments, but overall they cant reproduce that rapport between Steve Martin & Michael Cain. Maybe if I had never seen the original I would have enjoyed it more.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    With no expectations, it was an alright way to kill 90 minutes. Decent plot and characters. Not terribly memorable, but okay.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I usually am very good at predicting the endings and such, this one was harder to actually predict. It was funny and I enjoyed it.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    This movie is literally just Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. No, it isn't original, but if you honestly hate this you either: 1) Hate the original Or 2) Are an idiot who think women can't be funny Disliking it for being unoriginal is fine. Being a hypocrite is not.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Just dreadful. So bad we gave up. Awful plot. Awful acting. Just a complete waste of time.