The Hustle

The acting in this was so good! When Rebel pretends to be blind and Anne's character tries to make her give herself away, I literally died laughing. One of my most favorite scenes of any movie for me, now. This movie was truly good and so funny. The people who disagree are just high maintenance, knit-pickers. P.S. the only thing I wished was that Anne didn't do an accent for her normal voice in the movie. I'm so used to her voice in Princess Diaries or Ella Enchanted so, it kind of threw me. That being said, she rocked that pretty good too!
    Much funnier than critics give it credit for.
    What do you get when you take the best parts of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (1988) and combine them with boring, chick-empowerment cliches? You get the Hustle. Anne Hathaway seems to sleep-walk her way through this story while Reble Wilson simply tries too hard to try to force you to like her. Look at me! Look at me! Aren't I clever?? No. Not one bit. Why the writers choose to recreate some of the classic scenes from DRS verbatim, but then change the rest of the story to make all the leads female oriented is monster mystery. You realize that the point of DRS was to show that men, at their very best, are no match for an intelligent woman. So when you reverse the roles - making every character female-centric, you're essentially saying women are stupid. Well, in this movie stupid would be a compliment. While DRS was less than a perfect movie - it had it's charm and great moments. By contrast, The Hustle has none of that. If you want to see a funny movie about con artists that get conned, I recommend watching Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. This movie makes Melissa McCarthy's Identity Thief feel like Shakespeare. Avoid it. You're better off watching paint drive. At least the conclusion of that will make sense.
    worst rating of movie ever. I thought with the talent of Anne Hathaway and the humor of Rebel Wilson I thought how bad could it be? Well The answer was Really Bad! The first part of movie was promising, then...well it seems that the director quit halfway through the movie. The writing just fell apart. It was hard to keep watching, but we all like car wrecks. The actor that played the character Thomas was a no-show. Abhorrent would be too good of a word. It was as if he was the stand-in for another actor that also quit the movie. Well I've wasted enough time writing this review and watching the worst remake (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels) EVER!!
    Narrated the whole time...really weird and not for me.
    Decent watch, could watch again, but hard to recommend. This really feels like two movies (more than just multi-threaded stories) that severely clash with each other. Those with a talent for writing might say that's done on purpose to accent something, like a message. I'm just not sure if that message is that women should destroy other women for the sake of men's attention, that they should support each other instead of the first, that they should destroy each other instead of the first as they're the superior sex, or regardless of sex, industry, profession, or status: there is always someone with enough in common that you can work together. Its a decently funny movie, on both the Anne Hatheway and the Rebel Wilson side. Its also terrifying that there really are sociopaths like these characters. I'd still think this is a missed opportunity to do two movies that crossover in one story line (it wouldn't have to be the Hustle-verse). I think either movie focused on the style of either actress would work better than what we got by compromising between the two styles.
    It wasn't as bad as the critics said it was. Anne Hathaway is easy on the eyes and Rebel Wilson is good comic relief. It's like watching an Adam Sandler Happy Madison film. Just don't take it seriously and you will have fun watching it.
    I actually thought this was funny. The ending let me down a bit. Anne Hathaway's character was a tad inconsistent at the end-- the way it was written. It didn't quite make sense. But it is a comedy. I would have given it a higher rating if the story and the comedy had been a bit stronger.
    I liked this better the first time I saw it, when it was called “Dirty Rotten Scoundrels”.
    The Hustle stars Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson who are con artists working together and competing to out do one another. This is a remake to Dirty Rotten Scoundrels with a feminine touch. I get that times have changed and trying to give females more screen time but it isn't working. Bad acting, bad script, terrible approach to remaking a genuine story better. Rebel and Anne make a good team but they didn't make the movie any different. Skip this one, not worth watching.