The Hustle

Funny, good actresses, some lines could've been rephrased
    I thought The Hustle was a fantastic movie in a 1980's comedy style. Stellar performance by Anne Hathaway. I am disappointed with the low rating this film has received. They gave nice nods to the previous versions (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Bedtime Story) without relying on the popularity of its predecessors to give this film value as we've seen in so many other remakes. This movie stands on its own merits, new take on an old story and is just fun. I'm a avid cinephile and have worked as an actor and a writer; I recommend this movie to many of colleagues in Hollywood and believe you should try watching with an open mind.
    I can watch any comedy and although not good not really bad either 2.5
    Funny, or just over the top?!? I watched the whole thing and then asked myself why, why would I do this? I could have been working!
    Don't understand why a group of people make a movie about nothing. There is no story, not a believable story, no acting, the 2 actresses were making a complete fool of themselves. I actually feel sorry for them. I can't imagine what the director was thinking or not thinking at all. It's not a comedy for sure, not sure what it is.
    I watched this film by accident - because I stumbled upon a scene at the beginning that somehow felt familiar. Of course, it did not take me long to recognize that this was a dumbed down and gender-swapped version of the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, itself a remake of the Bedtime Story. And then I watched it to the end, feeling immobilised and helpless in front of a train wreck that kept on somehow increasing the stakes. The film is desperately trying to be cute and funny, failing at both accounts. Where the DRS is smart, the Hustle is dumb. The characters were slightly modernised copies of the ones in the DRS, but as if they were performing in a children show where the target audience were girls between 3 and 10, with the occasional glimpse of acting by Hathaway. Considering the today's tendency to do the gender-swap just for the sake of it and that I feel that that was the only reason why this film had ever been thought of as a good idea, I cannot but stop thinking how the best conman in the DRS was the woman.
    Si ignoramos las expectativas por las anteriores versiones, esta comedia funciona bien, hay escenas bastante buenas y graciosas y la dupla protagónica es muy efectiva.
    I wanted light entertainment; an easy-going comedy and this is exactly what I got. I disagree with all the haters. So many reviewers apparently take themselves (and this movie) too seriously. Granted, I haven't seen the previous incarnations of this story, but as a standalone movie it serves its purpose. I always love Rebel Wilson, and Anne Hathaway is great in this too (although her attempt at an Australian accent is rather poor).
    The funniest movie I have ever seen. Rebel and Anne are both hilarious on their own, and together they are a match made in heaven. 11/10 recommend.
    Amazingly unfunny remake of a remake (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Bedtime Story) has attractive French Riviera settings and a star duo, but it simply all doesn't fit together to be an entertaining comedy.