audience Reviews, 59% Audience Score
- Rating: 2 out of 5 starsGood acting and good visually. But damn when can the villains or bad guys going to win. A possible sequel could've ensued if done properly. Look at Dracula Untold. Set up for a potential future sequel. If there is to be a sequel to this please star or cast Luke Evans.
- Rating: 0.5 out of 5 starsThis was terrible, there was so much potential there, and the producers threw it all away, he could've been good, and he could've helped her get out, someone else could've been evil, they could've fell in love, but they threw it away. That was horrible
- Rating: 1 out of 5 starsreally good start and turned into complete cliché. more romance-action-fantasy than horror.
- Rating: 0.5 out of 5 starsLacks everything that makes a good horror movie, mediocre for an action fansaty. Basically lacks creativity, connection, everything.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsPotential Spoilers Ahead. This is not a traditional horror movie. It worked really well as a lovers to enemies with Gothic horror twists. If you're going into it for traditional horror, it may not be the movie for you, but if you're open to a new twist on the typical horror genre, it may be worth it.
- Rating: 4 out of 5 starsHad the potential to be epic. The Invitation tells the story of Evie(Nathalie Emmanuel). Evie finds herself in the midst of a perfect fairytale. However, she realizes that there is something sinister, underneath the squeaky clean surface. The Invitation is a great film. Director Jessica M. Thompson has given us a unique movie in the horror genre. It starts off a tad bit slow but, the movie picks up in the second half. The jump scares might work for someone who hasn't watched a single horror film. The plot is quite predictable but, the climax is bonkers and no one can guess what's going to happen next. The performances are the highlight of the movie. Nathalie Emmanuel is spectacular as Evie. I'd love to see Emmanuel headline more films & not just play supporting roles. Thomas Doherty is outstanding as De Ville. Sean Pertwee is fantastic as Renfield. Hugh Skinner is good as Oliver. Carol Ann Crawford is perfect as Mrs. Swift. Alana Boden is excellent as Lucy. Stephanie Corneliussen is phenomenal as Viktoria. The supporting cast is good. The Invitation is worth a watch for horror movie fans & Nathalie Emmanuel fans. Just lower your expectations, a tad bit.
- Rating: 2.5 out of 5 starsI pretty much got what I've expected. It was enjoyable - I didn't expect someone to reinvent the wheel.
- Rating: 1 out of 5 starsBoring you could anticipate what was going to happen. I feel like this storyline is from another movie can't pin point it
- Rating: 0.5 out of 5 starsFor a movie about vampires, they sure do take a long time to show up. It's not even satisfying when they do.
- Rating: 1 out of 5 starsI wish I could get my time back.