The Irishman

Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Good movie but youre not blown away in Scorsese fashion. Peace was over the top outstanding. Keitel, in the few scenes hes in, rocks! Wait for Netflix.
    Great movie! Joe Pesci was amazing!
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    As much as I would like to say something good about the actors, I just cant. I especially feel bad writing this because I've loved Pesci in many of his movies, but he shouldn't have listened to De Niro, who I understand convinced him to do this one. He would have been better off leaving the business on a high note. This movie was a long, drawn-out story (3 1/2 hours) that could have been told in 15 to 20 minutes, and even then it would have been boring. It was a dry, soap opera like show, without background instrumentals, scenery, costumes, or special effects, so I don't know how it could have cost so much to make. I guess the money was used to pay the 3 main stars and there wasn't anything left to make it into a more entertaining show.
    Another Scorsese epic! Martin Scorsese reunites with Robert DeNiro & Joe Pesci and adds Al Pacino to the mix. What a film...it has it all. Fantastic direction, editing, performances, dialogue & music. Yes, it is a 3 1/2 hour film and I elected to see in a theater but it moves along just fine. The supporting cast members are also terrific. If you like Scorsese films, it's a must see!!!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I was pretty disappointed with the quality, the scene in front of the corner grocery store was terribly done. Overall I was just OK, very surprising for Scorsese
    This film is an absolute masterclass in direction and acting. Scorsese, as one of the most important and influential directors, has blessed our screens and the world with one of the most important films ever made. Scorsese has, in The Irishman, perfected his craft and provided the audience with a picture exemplifying the culmination of 50 years of experience in film making. This is without a doubt one of, if not his greatest film, up there with the likes of Goodfellas and Taxi Driver, and in time it will be recognized as his most important film. I must thank Mr Scorsese for his efforts here, this is an absolute masterpiece. If Scorsese doesn't receive the Oscar win for Best Director for this picture, then I will be extremely disappointed in the Academy.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Not my cup of tea, but if it is yours you'd like it.
    Its a modern day godfather movie.!
    Great movie great acting lots of well-known stars
    Acting, costumes, cars