The King's Daughter

A waste of money and time and not only worth risking exposer to COVID , but exposure to one of the worst productions of a film I have ever sat through . I feel sorry for all the actors that had to endure such a poor direction of film making . And the costumes & makeup were a joke . Special effects were horribly done along with editing . What’s up Disney & Pixar ? Is this an example of the worst you can do with all your money ?
    An influential monarch, keen on becoming mortal aims to capture mystical creaturr mermaid. The biggest obstruction of the plan is his daughter Marie. The premise was good. The touch of loyalty with a bit flavourful of fairy tales turned into a mess before minutes.
    Very pleasant movie. I think even an older child would enjoy this beautiful movie of love.
    The structure of the plot was clean and understandable. The dissemination of the central secret was handled believably. The character who played the kings daughter displayed initiative and agency. The central moral dilemma was real, and demanded sacrifices be made. The mermaid was very compellilng.
    A wonderful, charmer of a film. It had a great Princess Diaries vibe. It's even narrated by Julie Andrews! This is a great family film YET it's not marketed at kids. It's fantastical, whimsical, beautiful, and a real change from the loud blockbusters playing in theaters. This is a small (yet opulent) and very personal fable that will be enjoyed by everyone, young and old(er). Loved it!
    Great movie for a must see fairytale with a happy ending.
    Beautiful story! Great cast! Gorgeous scenery! Much better than we expected!
    I was pleasantly surprised. I did not know anything about the novi, just taking a client. I got really into it.
    Truly bad movie making with an awkward blend of live action and animation. Pierce Brosnan in a throwaway role as Louis XIV, and one of my favs ,BingBing Fan, wasted in a series of repetitive cgi scenes as a mermaid or something like that. Characters are so thinly drawn as to fade into the scenery. Nice shots of Versailles but who cares! The Sun King is powerful enough to oversee the construction of such a beautiful edifice but apparently can't handle a headstrong daughter. In this telling, the King melts in a final scene of suddenly realized sinfulness and begs absolution. A wooden William Hurt piously obliges as his confessor. This flick is designed for early teens and younger. Not for adult viewers who are looking for a modicum of earnest entertainment and plotting.
    Visually stunning settings in France. Light drama and fantasy at times loosely strung together. William Hurt shows his strong journeyman actor chops, Kaya is very appealing in character. Brosnan is an odd pick for the king but carries the part OK. Worth a few bucks to get out of the house on a cold night.