The King's Daughter

So charming! Magical. I especially enjoyed the kings journey toward enlightenment. The lead actress was interesting to watch. I'd not seen her before but she has great chemistry with literally all the other characters. Kind of an effortless watch.
    I liked it, but I wish I could have liked it more. It was clean family entertainment, so I wish it was given more respect. The movie was both fully feminist and fully faith oriented. That's fantastic. However, there were easily fixed issues. Most of the scenes in the beginning felt like they were 5 seconds long. It felt quick and choppy. The CGI for the mermaid was way too cheap. The scene where the lead protagonist tries to have an emotional breakdown after the king gives her orders... take that out. It didn't fit, and it was bad acting. Hollywood needs more movies in this genre. I was entertained by the story, but it wasn't given the production value that it deserved.
    So refreshing…..loved the creativity, fantasy, acting, really good entertaining flick…..well done!
    I'm not sure what rock these "movie" critics are living under, but this is probably the best fantasy movie I've seen in a long time. I'd rank it up there with the Hobbit, Harry Potter, and Beauty & the Beast in terms of its imaginative power. Incredible acting with tight-focused directing and editing, amazing costumes, and fantastic set pieces make this an incredibly enjoyable masterpiece. My only MINOR criticism is that the music in three short sequences annoyingly detract from the movie (pop songs should never have been put into this film). Luckily, though, these scenes are very short and the story and screenplay are so good that I still finished the movies saying "wow, this was one enjoyable ride that I'd want to re-watch again." And that's what counts. Rent it, folks. And consider buying it as well. Ignore these "professional" critics who gave Star Wars: The Force Awakens 5 stars. Listen to the audience.
    If there is anything I've learned from the Rotten Tomatoes reviews is that a wonderful movie such as this can still be reviewed by cold hearted people who seek out positions to tear down wonderful things because their lives are so miserable. Who could think that this movie is anything but wonderful? It has great costumes and settings. It has a great love story that goes against the status quo. It has great insightful points that makes one think. If you can't find a wonderful story in this movie, please, seek help.
    Good bedtime story with a fairytale setup worth your imagination.
    I wasn't expecting much more than a love story with a mermaid presence when we walked into the theater, and that's pretty much it. The writing was staccatic which kind of kept me disconnected. There was a point in the 3rd act where it felt like we missed about 10 minutes of movie, and another point in the 3rd act when it felt like there was a scene out of place. Other than that it delivered what it promised and it was entertaining enough. If you like love stories, and the victorian period is your jam, and you're bored and have a couple hours to burn, it's worth streaming.
    I enjoyed the movie. It has a good message. The cinematography was amazing. The costumes didn't quite go with the time period, but seeing as it's a fantasy movie it could work. I would watch it again.
    Entertaining, nice colors, great messages. Acting not that great.
    Sure it took 7 years from filming to actually get to the big screen but they finally got around to it. Was it worth the wait...well...it was ok. A spin on the classic little mermaid...maybe? I have nothing bad or good to say about the film, just a story about a princess who wants to save a mermaid from her dad who wants to kill it to gain immortality. If you like a break from reality and want to watch a period piece with a mermaid thrown into the mix, then give this a go.