The Lion King

Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Usually I have something fun and snarky to review about bad movies and that's mainly the reason why I continue to watch it through the end, but this movie was so bad it made me depressed as hell. Goodnight.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    A good modern update to a classic 90s animated flick. Satisfied my inner 90s kid, and also satisfied my 21st century kid.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Jon Favreau copied the original almost shot for shot. It was good, not great. I loved the scenery, the character designs, the jokes of Seth Rogan and Billy Eichner, Spirit (a new Beyoncé song). But it was literally the original movie made more realistic. Seth Rogan's voice of Pumbaa also really bothered me. His voice in Hakuna Matata made me cover my ears so hard because it was so bad. It sounded as if Black Yoshi (from SuperMarioLogan) was in a musical. If you want to watch The Lion King, watch the original.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I loved this movie. There is only one mistake that bothered me. Because I am a South African, I noticed this. Pumba is a warthog, but when they go back in time during the Hakuna Matata song, they show Pumba as a baby bush pig. Baby warthogs looks similar to a grown up warthog.
    Visually the most beautiful movie I've personally had the pleasure viewing on my 4k tv. Its not as over the top as the original because well, its not a cartoon. They nailed this movie 100 percent. Must watch.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    This movie's a joke... Rife with mediocre CGI and completely void of artistic integrity. This movie feels more like a cheap anime cartoon than a Disney movie.
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Jon Fav is an awesome actor and director but he failed us on this one. The casting killed the movie for us. Beyoncé ruined this movie with her over the top signing
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    This was better than I thought it was going to be.
    a must see for children.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I watched the Spanish dub and the song performances were fantastic. I can't speak to the English version. I love Shakespeare esque stories and the animation was quite impressive.