The Lion King

Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The special effect is brilliant. However, its character have poor expression
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The movie just didn't do it for me. The voices, the changes to songs. I can go on. It did not live up to the hype and there's things you should leave untouched...like the original Lion King movie.
    Full Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Although it has great visuals and some nice acting, the rest of the movie feels shallow and soulless, relying on the original (wich is far better). There's absolutely ZERO creativity here.
    Full Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    I absolutely love the original cartoon I thought why not give this a try but then I did and whish I hadn't it fell short in every way of what made the original great watch and see for yourself but I wouldn't pay to see it again
    What a shocker, the clowns that deem themselves as better than the rest of us, lowly viewers, think this movie stinks. Some are even condescending enough to claim that we, empty headed vessels, just might enjoy this movie, because in their eyes, we are too stupid to see it through the discerning eyes of TRUE art connoisseurs. These critics sicken me, bunch of do nothing, never created a single thing in their lives, speak for nobody clowns that almost always get it wrong. Apparently they wanted a new version of the story, a new movie altogether. Are they REALLY that stupid? Why mess with a perfect story? Unbelievable that they could be that dumb. Am I shocked that they got it wrong, again? Nope, the Golden rule, whatever these morons hate, end up being the greatest classics of all time! Not sure who told them that their bloviated, contrived garbage actually matters, but the truth is, this site would be far better served by having ONLY real people rate movies, because the professional critics are about as useful as tests on a bull, and smell worse than what comes out the backside!
    Full Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    A perfect example of "all fluff but no stuff". Go watch the hearty original, instead of this bland, lazy, money-grabber
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    A masterpiece. The brilliant realistic animation plus the inclusion of the old storyline combines for a very eye opening experience. There is so much detail I couldn't take my eyes off the screen for a single second! The low ratings of this film is very disappointing. Apparently people still want the simpleton cartoon animations. This movie is nothing less than a masterpiece.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Watch this movie to venture into great special effects, nostalgic member berries capitalisation and unsatisfactory animations. I mean its literally picturesque real lions, they can't even smile or show emotions, what did you expect?
    Full Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Effetti speciali semplicemente straordinari permettono il raggiungimento di un realismo incredibile, ma era davvero necessario? I nuovi personaggi sono copie spudorate di quelli appartenenti al leggendario film d'animazione, solo che in questo caso risultano iper-realistici e mono-espressivi. Non c'è più sentimento, non c'è più la libertà espressiva permessa nel cinema d'animazione, non c'è più il desiderio di offrire qualcosa di nuovo. Il film pecca anche per le storiche scene musicali che avevano caratterizzato il classico Disney, la loro copia non è assolutamente all'altezza e conferma ancora una volta l'andamento negativo di questi inutili remake.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    One word: Cashgrab! This movie does have its moments like the final battle and James Earl Jones came back to play Mufasa and obviously, you have Beyoncé and Donald as Nala and Simba and they both did an amazing job as well as kid Simba and kid Nala and in general, the songs are great like Hakuna Matata and Circle of Life but this movie does nothing to improve the original and it is just another cashgrab from Disney and I would not even consider it live-action. If you search up highest grossing animated movies, lion king (2019) is on there so what's the point?! They also messed up Scar, the hyenas and they cut out the best song, Be Prepared and this movie lacks all the emotion and heart that make the original entertaining and all the color is gone but I do have to admit the nature is stunning: Overall grade: 6.5/10 (C+)