The Marvels

, 62% Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • Funny, refreshingly brief, and elevated by the chemistry of its three leads, The Marvels is easy to enjoy in the moment despite its cluttered story and jumbled tonal shifts.
    Olly RichardsTime Out
    Brie Larson leads a super-trio that works hard to blast some fun into this confusing adventure.
    Lauren CoatesChicago Reader
    While the titular Marvels make for an endearing, women-centric found family, the film’s hyperawareness of its role in a larger universe is its downfall.
    Kristen LopezTheWrap
    It’s silly and makes little sense, but it’s such a fun time at the movies. And isn’t that why we go to see movies in the first place?
    Carmen PhillipsAutostraddle
    DaCosta made room for The Marvels to be bright and playful, filled with characters that are impossible not to love.
    Wendy IdeObserver (UK)
    You get the sense that everyone involved is going through the motions.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Perri NemiroffPerri Nemiroff (YouTube)
    The Marvels is a vibrant and well paced film that's packed with extremely well photographed and choreographed action. It's also brimming with cast chemistry, and rocks a narrative that builds the team *and* the characters as individuals.
    Andrea ThompsonA Reel of One's Own
    I thought the superhero fatigue was real for me, so much so that I completely opted out of Blue Beetle. But Disney does what it does, and since it insists on continuing its now sprawling universe, I couldn't help but be intrigued by The Marvels.
    Sarah MarrsLainey Gossip
    The Marvels has its moments but can’t overcome the same old problems we’ve watched plague the MCU for years.
    Chris McCoyMemphis Flyer
    No amount of body-switching gimmickry can save this film.
    Vera WyldeCouncil of Geeks
    If you want something a little bit on the more frivolous side for fun, give it a shot. Couldn't hurt. But it's hard to recommend to anybody who takes this stuff more seriously.