The Matrix Resurrections

you know its bad when all these stars cant save this movie. I was so excited about it and it was the most disappointed I've been in a movie since the air bender movie.
    All I can say is...I waited 20 years for this?? Sure, the action scenes were fun to watch, but I felt like so much of this was a mash-up of the original matrix trilogy, but with different looking characters. I also don't like what they did with Neo's character. He spent the whole movie being rescued. I'm sorry to say this, but I'm glad I didn't pay money to see this in the theater.
    An absolute insult to the legacy of the original. It's hard to believe that Larry/Lana and Andy/Lilly ever wrote and directed the Matrix.
    Not even sure why they did this, easy money I imagine, no plot, effects are good but not enough to carry this, some nostalgic appearances but meh
    I loved all of the matrix movies except this one! Suddenly Neo isnt the "the One", now it's trinity for some stupid reason. Why wasn't Morpheus in it? Why does he claim he never even got a call to be in it? This director proves you can have a great cast including Keanu Reaves and still produce a bad movie. I would be embarrassed if I was Lana Wachowski.
    Does it live up to the original? No, but then again, none of them did. Reloaded introduced some cool ideas while Revolutions fell short on all fronts, but honestly, I haven't seen a good Matrix movie until John Wick in which Neo finally got fed up, decided he didn't care anymore, changed his name, and returned to what he does best, gunning people down. However, at least this one honors what came before and even has enough going for it to make it worth seeing. I also like that they chose to go a little meta and didn't shy away from taking a jab at the studio that clearly "inspired" the reboot, all without tarnishing the original.
    It don't think Matrix trilogy needed any sequel. The story was finished and should not have been touched. In earlier Matrix, it was question of human life and how to save it but this movie focussed on saving Neo's love interest at the sake of human life. The movie's length and pacing also had little problem. Reeves acting was also weak. He didn't have that impact. Overall, this movie is a normal watch but not great.
    I don't think it's possible to fully convey how disappointing this movie is for superfans of the original trilogy. There is more wrong here than you would care to read, so I will hit the big points: -The pacing is god awful. It is so jarring that it ruins the occasional and rare action scenes and makes it look cheap and poorly executed. -The acting looks terrible. There are talented people in this movie that look awful because of the aforementioned pace and the directing. The director should fire herself. It definitely reeks of someone that doesn't seem to have much interest in the project. -The rumor (and unsuccessful lawsuit) that much of the original script was ripped off from pitched scripts like the ones for Altered Carbon is looking to have more legs now than it did. If this is what comes from the "original" creation of either Wachowski (or both), then they probably stole most of their success. Someone actually mentioned the flop Jupiter Ascending as one of Lana's projects. Compared to this, that movie is highly enjoyable. This one is borderline torture for anyone that actually cares about the original masterpieces. And NO, it's not clever. It's contrived....clever is subtle and intricate. This "message" is trying to beat the audience over the head with it in the most pathetically executed failure I've seen in a long time.
    An absolute travesty. No agents. No intricate kung fu fights. No Neo using guns. No reason for the new Morpheus to have been included at all. Everyone involved should be ashamed.
    Unnecessary and so boring ….