The Menu

, 89% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • While its social commentary relies on basic ingredients, The Menu serves up black comedy with plenty of flavor.
    David StrattonThe Australian
    Stylishly photographed by Peter Deming, The Menu becomes increasingly creepy with each new course.
    Hannah StrongMonocle
    I don't think I necessarily felt satisfied by the climax of this film, but it's a very stylish affair. I very much enjoyed being in the world it's set in. It left me hungry for more, I guess.
    Thelma AdamsAARP Movies for Grownups
    The marvelous, multitalented Ralph Fiennes is the best thing on the menu in this clever culinary delight.
    Max WeissBaltimore Magazine
    Foodie culture is slayed, literally, in this expert black comedy.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Claudia PuigFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    Entertaining and slight. It's an amuse-bouche, not the whole meal.
    Alison HermanThe Ringer
    Marketed as an upscale spin on horror, The Menu interrogates a culture that has taken the chef from faceless grunt to something of a cult leader.
    Sarah WardConcrete Playground
    A savage, savvy and scathingly amusing satire about coveting $1250-a-head meals but letting the workers behind them slice, steam, stir and sweat through upscale kitchen drudgery.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Leila LatifMonocle
    I think it all gets squandered by trying to shovel it into satire.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Nick JohnstonVanyaland
    Like the appetizers, entrees, and apertifs so lovingly filmed here, The Menu is a fetish object styled as an indulgent antidote to unearned pretension, one meant to be appreciated, not to be enjoyed.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Javier OcañaEl Pais (Spain)
    With limited depth, but effervescent. [Full review in Spanish]