The Northman

Great movie! You might be disappointed if you are expecting a full on action movie as its certainly not that kind of a movie but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Quite trippy in places utilising Norse mythology.
    An artsy exercise in presenting a Viking legend as it might have originally been told: it's a simplistic story set in a natural world filled with magic and prophesy. As a movie it's a mixed bag. There are great individual scenes of realistic brutality and trippy weirdness but they don't necessarily coalesce in a satisfying way.
    Visually stunning, with great scenes and scenery and great production design but too overlong for what it has to say. More concise, it could have been a masterpiece but in this state feels too many times like a goaless wandering. The main character is underwritten so it's hard to get involved more than the revenge factor, a little underwhelming on that part. But the cinematography is great and the direction with many long continuous shots is deeply entertaining. It is good we get a chance to get an artsy movie with than budget just sad it is not a total masterpiece and it didn't get any succes.
    A grand norse epic with dazzling effects, a fresh yet familiar story, a stunning cast, and a solid performance from Skarsgard that glues the film in one modern-day Braveheart. This is one of the best films of 2022 in my opinion.
    Firstly , let me just qualify this. Pre Covid I went to a movie in a theatre 3x a month. I watched streaming series and movies enough to safely say I see 50 to 75 movies a year.Obviously less so now,especially since there is SO VERY LITTLE quality cntent being made. This is no exception. It bombed at thetres for a reason. It is uneventful,boring, horribly directed, and acted. The room to make a spectacular drama was huge,but what they made was so small it felt like a tv movie. It is terrible,and cemented why I cannot stand Nicole Kidman.She overacts and always looks exactly the same. The love interest od Anna T. Joy was a very,very weird choice. The accents were hilariously bad. Stay away from this movie unless your'e drunk or a stand up commedian.
    It is a very good film, little by little you will feel the adrenaline and I dare say the thirst for revenge. I loved!💕
    This would rank as one of the worst movies I have seen (which has been given "high recomendation" from your critics). It is not even entertaining. It is a movie which should never have been made. To read your critics praise, of this movie, brings to mind the Kings "Magic Suit of Clothes"
    Good but you need to know a lot about Norse gods and beliefs in order to watch it
    Unfortunately I was disappointed. Especially after all the hype. I like the Skarsgaards, all of them, but I kept wanting Alexander to hold his head up. The mixture of Hamlet and Arthur with a bit of Oedipus thrown in was a bit much. Kidman didn't help standing there with no depth of character whatsoever. Amleth whining about a miserable life yet apart from slavery to his uncle he seemed to have an ok life. Fjòlnir is made the hero of the film. Bleak and depressing, frankly.
    Horrible movie, painful to watch, If I had paid to see this, I would have walked out!