The Pink Cloud

, 92% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • An eerily relevant debut from writer-director Iuli Gerbase, The Pink Cloud reaches into the emotional fault lines of pandemic life and comes away with striking observations about human behavior.
    Bilge EbiriNew York Magazine/Vulture
    I was impressed, agitated, terrified, depressed by this movie - but I also couldn't help feeling like I had maybe not ultimately seen the film its director wanted me to see.
    Robert AbeleLos Angeles Times
    If you're game for an emerging filmmaking talent's stingingly uncanny foretelling, "The Pink Cloud" is an arresting examination of what it can look like when existence is misshaped into a compromised destiny.
    Michael O'SullivanWashington Post
    "The Pink Cloud" is prescient and mildly affecting, if also susceptible to the question: Is it too soon to be watching a pandemic allegory while we're still living through a pandemic?
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Ciara WardlowRogerEbert.com
    The intentionality and editorial eye that make the style of this film so compelling feels sorely lacking from the script, which is at once scattered and repetitive.
    Katie RifeAV Club
    This thoughtful film reflects well on the writer-director who made it.
    Claire ShafferNew York Times
    Like other works of prescient sci-fi, "The Pink Cloud" forecasts an eerie funhouse-mirror image of our present lives.
    Andrew StoverFilm Inquiry
    Whether or not one finds enjoyment in The Pink Cloud, it's hard to refute its timely and authentic depiction of a world and a relationship gone haywire.
    Will AshtonThe Young Folks
    An unusually cathartic pandemic drama...
    Leslie CombemaleAWFJ Women on Film
    The Pink Cloud really invites us to consider, both individually and as a society, how much we do or do not need physical interaction with nature and other humans.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Robert DenersteinDenerstein Unleashed
    It may be odd to say but Gerbase seems to have made the movie too effective for its own good. I appreciated the effort but wanted out.