The Rental

I never leave reviews but I felt compelled to do so, so as to save people some money. This movie was a total pleasure to watch from an acting and cinematography standpoint. Right up until the end, I was totally engrossed in the movie. And then suddenly, the ending completely disappoints and I realize that whoever wrote this screenplay thought they were being clever but were a complete idiot and wasted my time. Shame on you Franco. It was not clever. It was not making some interesting point about modern society and surveillance technology. It was just a badly written story.
    Great movie! Get out the house from quarantine and check it out.
    honestly cannot think of a single reason to recommend this with. boring and predictable.
    Do not waste your time. This is not horror. Nothing about this is "spine-chilling". Sorry Dave, but please, try not to use every cliché in the book if you do another film.
    This was the most anti climactic and boring movie I have ever watched. And the jokes weren't even funny, and the dog didn't die. Very very disappointed in dave franco.
    It was a good movie with a really stupid ending.
    A movie that makes you second guess the false sense of security you feel when you are traveling and renting homes. A relatable concern for this day and age!
    I liked it! I just wondered who was that killer guy! I thought the killer was Sheila's boyfriend and he set up the cameras cause he was suspicious of something but he was killed too, it would be interesting if it was something like this though. Hahaha.
    Amazing what a little notoriety and money will do to get a silly film made. Simplistic and rote. The acting wasn't bad but the premise was predictable. "Don't go under the stairs!" I guess it's not important to tell who the baddie was. Just crap!
    A little slow moving & a disappointing ending.