The Reports on Sarah and Saleem
audience Reviews, 84% Audience Score
- Rating: 4 out of 5 starsA layered and gripping drama
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsGreat film about a casual affair that results in tragic and sad consequences. Tense and suspenseful
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsThis is PINNACLE FILMMAKING! A popular rule of filmmaking is to SHOW IT, DON'T SAY IT. Sloppy filmmkaers have characters who think aloud, because they can't figure out how to convey the message and propel the story without dialogue. This film crafts individual, memorable, fully-realized characters, then sets in motion a story that leaves no loose ends. The script is tight, the editing is lean, performances are compelling, and the story is brilliantly told.
- Rating: 4 out of 5 starsGreat twists and turns all the way until the end. Both the story and the acting were superb.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsThis is a great movie, well done.
- Rating: 4 out of 5 starsI found this to be a very engaging story, though it is going to be a bit difficult for some people to fully understand. It helps if you have some knowledge about the situation in Israel with regard to Palestine. Knowledge of the area's geography might also help. I don't consider myself very knowledgeable about Israel or Palestine, so I had some confusion. For instance, one of the main characters is Palestinian. I did not realize this until very late in the movie. Nonetheless, I found the movie held my attention fully and the acting seemed very believable. Some people have described the movie as "hot." Yes, there is some sex in the movie, but I thought it was tastefully done, and doesn't amount to more than a few minutes of screen time. Anyone who goes to this movie just for the sex is likely to be disappointed. Some people will fault the film for having a political agenda. Maybe it does but it seemed fairly even-handed to me. The real focus is on the personal complications that develop in the lives of two married people who have an affair. If the movie has a political message, it would seem to be something about our shared humanity and trying to bridge the divides that often separate us. The one thing I thought the movie lacked was music. Music could have enhanced the story at certain places. There were also a few shots that I thought would have been better had a tripod been used. But on the whole I thought it was a pretty good movie.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsWell crafted story with excellent performances
- Rating: 3 out of 5 starsInteresting story about two groups of people. Acting good. Too long. Could have been 1/2 hour shorter.
- Rating: 2 out of 5 starsToo long. Unresolved and abrupt ending. Has a political agenda.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsReally enjoyable...makes u consider the medium of having an affair...as well as how Love impacts ur life.