The Scary of Sixty-First

, 75% Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Christian BlauveltindieWire
    In "The Scary of Sixty-First," Nekrasova takes us on one that's thrilling and unforgettable. Where will she take us next?
    David RobbSlant Magazine
    In a way, the film feels like a true heir to the petulant, low-budget horror cinema of the '70s and '80s.
    Jourdain SearlesHollywood Reporter
    A shallow provocation.
    Guy LodgeVariety
    There can be a fine line between a good idea and a terrible one followed through with utter conviction, and it's along said line that "The Scary of Sixty-First" dances with heedless, wicked abandon.
    Leila LatifLittle White Lies
    There are films that are bad. There are films that are so bad they're good. Then there are films like The Scary of Sixty-First which, in their ill-conceived irony, breeze straight past 'so-bad-it's-good' to previously unmined depths of repugnance.
    Alexandra Heller-NicholasAWFJ Women on Film
    Nekrasova is no fool, and The Scary of Sixty-First does exactly what horror does best: it gives us a way of speaking about the very real nightmares of the world we live in when we struggle to find the words.
    Jennie KermodeEye for Film
    Drifting through the angst-ridden conversations of a classic New York drama before morphing into something more like giallo, the film makes a positive asset of its low production values, which give it a sense of freshness and urgency.
    Peter SobczynskiThe Spool
    Funny, stylish, gruesome and always unnerving, this is a real keeper, the announcement of a major new talent in the horror filmmaking field.
    Jessa CrispinAnother Gaze
    It's not scary and it's not funny; it's just a thing that is happening on the screen...we can only hope that whatever Nekrasova decides to do next, she does it with something other than a bored smirk.
    James KleinmannThe Queer Review
    With committed performances from its talented cast, The Scary of Sixty-First is a suitably uncomfortable satirical QAnon-theory-fuellled psychosexual horror that's likely to spark some lively conversations.