The Secret of Sinchanee

Don’t trust the woods, not because of what they hide from you, but what they show you to be hiding from yourself.
    The cinematography, subtle eeriness of New England in the dead of winter, and award winning score form the perfect backdrop for this film. It promises a slow burn that will staple you to your seat with anxiety. Utterly unique, from farm to table, this movie defines what it means to be ambitious in the world of modern cinema.
    This film captured all of the elements of horror. Excellent cinematography and acting. Would watch again.
    I rented the movie and watched it 3 times!!!! I love the show and thought the acting was exceptionally good. I have seen Steven Grayhm in others movies, he is Avery good actor and I will watch anything he does!!!! Loved the show
    Love this movie! Filmed beautifully. Acting and directing is too notch. Suspenseful right up till the surprise ending. Great job.
    An awesome edge of your seat suspenseful thriller. Takes place in a small town in New England with great cinematography with an awesome sound track. Was entranced the entire film. Hold on to your popcorn as the jump scenes will send it flying. I highly recommend this thriller which has an unpredictable ending that you will have to see for yourself!!!!!
    First off, the cinematography is very well done. A very interesting story with many twists and turns that will have you jump a few times. This is a low budget film with many up and coming actors and many new faces, the scenes with the children are very beautiful and very well acted. All in all, This is a great watch and I recommend it. And that beautiful dog should be in more movies!
    Amazing film! Multiple story lines that all tie together throughout the film with an amazing ending. Great cinematography and a haunting score. Love the dog!
    Wow. I laughed. I SCREAMED! I cried. This movie really had it all! The storytelling was really compelling; intertwining indigenous culture, a police investigation and a paranormal element which really gave me everything! The slow burn approach created so much suspense and was so unnerving at times, I had to watch it through my fingers. As an indigenous woman, our people are not visible and our stories are often ignored by the world. Although the mixed race tribe in the film is fictitious, it drew out a lot of realities for my people who have been seen as pagans and devil worshippers and were taken and murdered for believing in our cultures and traditions. This was specifically seen with women and children, which brings the realities of all our missing and murdered indigenous women, girls and two spirit from the past to present day. This film tackles these very important realities within our community, and I am thankful that it was done in a tasteful yet artistically sensitive way that was really impactful. The beautiful setting of Western Massachusetts in the winter was incredibly cinematic and so haunting. The casting was done really well too, with authentic performances that felt like they were coming from real people. I was also really happy to see black and indigenous representation in this film, as well as interracial marriages and mixed children. This movie really had it all! If you are looking for something different, that is not your standard horror/thriller that gives you all the thrills and chills but more meaningful than what is on the surface…this film is definitely for you!
    Stunning and chilling!! Characters were well developed, and the cinematography was fantastic! Definitely worth a watch!