The Silencing

This is another film where the gap between critical and audience appeal seems a chasm. Why are the critics so harsh? The film looks good, is competently acted, and there are in a not especially inventive script still a couple of surprises, and maybe a morally open ending. Not every effort can swing for, or hit, the grandstands. Some films serve just to pass the time. Consider in contrast the reception of Power of the Dog, about which the critics rave and the audience in general registers as much more cooly impressed. Dog has great cinematic texture, but many see its narrative unfolding as ponderous or even contrived; certainly the whole earns wokeness chops. Must one conclude that some movies simply are designed as popular, others made of by and for the film school crowd?
    The silencing is all mystery and no thriller. There's hardly a plot that barely makes sense. The only thrilling part of my experience with (unfortunately) watching this was checking the time was on my phone. Thank God I didn't pay $6 to rent this.
    A good thriller, better than I was expecting. You end up really routing for the alcoholic father who is still searching for his missing teen daughter. It's a sad story and makes you wonder at the stupidity of going out without backup, but that's what a good thrillers all about right? And there was enough tense scenes to keep me interested.
    The movie was very intriguing and well thought out. It's a very good manhunt. The Only problem is Sheriff Alice who's character ended up becoming a suspect of police brutality. She doesn't even really acknowledge her mistake. I really think that's the biggest character fail of all. No remorse. The craziest thing is that the main suspect has been in their face the whole time and even nurses a one main character back to heal after an altercation between the two. *Spoiler Alert* It's Doctor Boone who is kidnapping and killing the girls. The definition of protecting has lost its meaning by Doctor Boone in the most vicious way. He is the pure definition of Sophism. Who signed his degree!?
    The critics are insane. This movie was fantastic from the camera work, to the direction, and performances. There's a major thing that happens in the movie towards the middle that turns it into a whole different kind of movie. This movie was great, don't watch any trailers just dive right in. The film is very somber and grim so it's a tough watch.
    I was intrigued from the start. I don't understand how it got such a low score… it was a great movie.
    I don't know why the reviews are low. I really enjoyed this film. Some great acting with an edge of the seat watch..
    This movie would have been decent if not for so many stupid mistakes. So many dumb parts. What did ex-hunter do for a living? And no phone. Really? The reason the killer gave for the murders was just stupid. Why did he kill them the way he did? Whenever anyone had a SERIOUS injury, they just put on some bandages and went on about their business. A foot in a bear trap, you don't just have a slight limp and keep on going. Shit in the abdomen and a few stitches and you're up and running? No one ever thought they needed backup? You just go into the woods alone or to a house looking for a viscous killer and don't think to maybe call for help or at least let someone know where you're at. The killer was a surprise and that's the only thing I liked about it. What he said was ridiculous, but I never saw that coming.
    Nice story with a tragic main character that can be followed by along the movie. Nice establishing plans of the woods and very good foto. The final was very emotional but some motives could be a little more logical
    Absolutely dire, patronising, annoying, and most of all predictable, on the other hand i was having trouble sleeping, this helped no end, so I suppose a "thank you" is in order,