The Silencing

Despite obvious shortcomings, the story maintains your interest until the end. Isolationist Rayburn Swanson is responsible for a large animal sanctuary bordering on an Indian reservation. Former hunter, now guardian of the wild. Swanson comes across a speechless girl being hunted like an animal in his protected area. The hunter kidnaps his victims and then turns them loose in the wild so he can hunt them down using an ancient weapon which slings long, deadly arrows. An atlatl. An interesting pursuit occurs.
    It was okay. I tried this because I recognized the guy from "Game of Thrones". Nothing to write home about, but far from being terrible.
    Keep me interested right until the end. Critics, WRONG AGAIN!
    Loved it. Thrilling and exciting
    Silence is not golden, my friend. The movie defies logic; it may have action, but the actions make no sense. The critics were on point with this. The audience review also defies logic... Y'all watchin' the same movie I am?
    For this movie the critics' rating is as good as sh*t!
    "The Silencing" is certainly better than the ridiculous 13% that the professional critics gave it, but not as high as the audience critics rating. The acting was good, and I had no clue who the actual killer was until the end. There are, however, a lot of unanswered questions as well as red herrings that should have been taken into account that I won't mention because I don't want to spoil it. I'm actually glad the audience critics gave it a high rating or I wouldn't have watched it. I would give it around 70-75%. So, yeah, it's definitely watchable. I was never bored.
    I really don't understand why the critics were so harsh with this movie. I found it pretty good. It is pretty well done, with good acting and while the story is pretty linear it has interesting points and keeps your attention the whole time. There are no black and white characters, but rather it shows how people make mistakes and try to make up for them. It is also a story of redemption.
    Enjoyed this film even though plot is not something we haven't seen before
    You can't break in to a house with a 5 dollar multi bit screwdriver with a phillip tip inserted. You don't ask for a jump start when clearly the engine is turning over fine. You don't kill the bad guy before you ask him where your daughter is. These simple gaffes are so easily avoided but so damn distracting.