The Souvenir

Glacial pacing, unoriginal storyline.
    i love Joanna Hogg's previous films but this one doesn't seem to know what kind of film it is. Whereas in her other films we are left in excruciating awkward silence with unbearable posh English people who we can't wait to get away from in this one we are not sure whether we are meant to actually like the awkward and privileged central characters or not (presumably this is due to the main character being somewhat based on Hogg herself). I also hated the soundtrack of edgy/cool 70s /80s music making this more retro/stock/indie film than the deliberately unhip atmosphere of her older work (personally i am extremely overfamiliar with films set in this era which over utilise the music/fashion to lend the film some style - much as i love 70/80s culture obviously, I'm not a total idiot!). Cinematography and the overall look of the film was great as usual. Acting and script unconvincing for me i'm afraid. I would avoid this one and pray that she goes back to cheaper, more subtle films not so blatantly about herself in the near future.
    The "critics" seem to love this movie. It was disconnected, hard to follow (mostly hard to believe the protagonist could be that naïve. No chemistry between the "lovers." It just didn't make a lot of sense.
    I expected much better from this fine cast. The movie was slow and disjointed, the story bland. Big chunks were missing leaving a bit too much to the imagination and for the audience to fill in. It was disappointing and pointless.
    it was quite slow paced, and I had very little sympathy for either of the main characters, which made it hard for me to remain patient. By the end, I could see that it was lauded for what made it distinct and different. The most interesting item was that, because so much was left out - not a lot of exposition, it left one guessing what characters did or did not know.
    Boring, disjointed and pretentious. I walked out half-way through.
    This was one of the most boring movies I've ever seen in my life. It dragged on and on with nothing really happening. Every second I spent watching it is a second of my life that I'll never get back.
    I think that this film is one of the most boring and pretentious films I have borne witness to. It is almost past the point of parody
    most boring and useless pretentious movie ever
    Truly just a waste of 2 hours. Trite story, boringly told, horribly acted. Nuff said?