The Stranger

While well-crafted, The Stranger lacks very little entertainment value - it's quiet, dark, and uneventful.
    A gripping, at times confusing, but ultimately exceptionally well made and acted film that kept me guessing all the way through.
    Has the unintended consequence of making us ask HOW it's even legal to entrap a person this way. It seems cruel & unusual. Congrats, movie, you literally made us feel sorry for a murderer with your convoluted story, a mess of chronology that thinks it's clever, but that just yanks our chain until we stop caring.
    One of the really good Aussie movies, No NIDA accents and Sean Harris is brilliant.
    If your really going to understand the plot and how each person interacts, you'll have to watch it twice. Dialog is British and sometimes hard to understand.
    Insanely well edited and shot, great atmospheric film. Acting was subtle but outstanding. Some of the best sound design I’ve heard in a while, really enjoyed how weird this was.
    Quite possibly the most boring film I have ever seen. In my life. Up there with the likes of "The Lost Daughter". Utterly pointless, mumbling dialogue throughout. A 1 hour Netflix-original documentary on the subject would have sufficed. Which bright-spark came up with the idea to make this film as it was made? Who the hell enthusiastically financed it? Flabbergasted, an utterly rubbish film from beginning to end. Wish I could have given it a 0 rating.
    Super boring. Might bed one of the worst movies I've seen
    'The Stranger' is an intense mix of genres which will disturb many viewers. The film is now available on Netflix. SYNOPSIS: 'Mark, an undercover cop, forms an intense, intimate relationship with Henry, a murder suspect, in an attempt to earn his trust and get a confession, risking both of their lives in the process.' The darkness of this film's tone means that the story at times appears troubled with it taking a considerable amount of time to work out what's actually happening. This is a gloomy and dirty world, one which you'd never want to find yourself in. The lead characters are distrustful, brutal, and unhinged in their own ways. 'The Stranger' delivers strong but subtle performances from lead actors Edgerton and Harris. Proof that both actors have been wasted in their previous work in supporting roles. Disturbing but brilliant. 8/10
    The title gives off an idea that there is a character who will provide surprises as the story goes along. It starts off with an interesting premise but devolves into a one dimensional story thats insulting to the viewer.