The Taste of Things

The lightning, the cinematography, the sounds & images of the food and the cooking. All great. Good film with not much of a story, but focused on the kitchen totally, with some kind of a love story around it
    Beautiful cinematography, but weird sound effects (the sound of strong wind, and not a leaf moving in the garden). The most boring movie I have seen living memory, and just so looooong.
    Very slow ,and at times boring .
    The Taste of Things is a beautiful ode to food and the cooking of. It's a feast for the eyes, in many ways, a sumptuous and delicious film. Set on a French country estate in 1889, it features Dodin, a gourmand, and Eugenie, a cook who works for him. They have been in partnership for 20 years and also have a romantic relationship. But they have never married and sleep in separate rooms. The film opens with both preparing an elaborate meal for a group of Dodin's friends. It's a long extended sequence of food preparation as we view the love and dedication involved. Dodin and Eugenie spend countless hours discussing food and the inherent beauty with in. This film takes its time, the camera moves slowly around long scenes of cooking, eating and conversation. It's infused with light, focusing on the beautiful food made. It's beautifully acted too, with Juliette Binoche and Benoit Magimel superb in the lead roles. Nineteenth century France saw the burgeoning of gourmet restaurants and this wonderful film shows the beginning of that movement with a fair amount of grace and beauty.
    The most boring movie I ever saw. There is no plot and no talking except once in while when they tell you a boring fact about some old restaurant or meal. Very pretentious and I would have walked out if I wasn’t with a friend I don’t see very often.
    Slow, deliberate-- a love story about food and passion. So good, I left hungry.
    Fantastic acting. Parts a bit slow
    Beautifully filmed and mouth-watering to watch.
    With Chef Pierre Gagniere culinary direction, we are served with an exquisite, mouth watering film that comes alive when the cooking and savoring are being displayed with great panache and artistry that the French are famous for. Beautifully choreographed and shot by Tran Anh Hung and his cinematographer Jonathan Ricquebourg. The only drawback, despite Juliette Binoche and Benoît Magimel palpable chemistry, is the lack of a story. could have used a little more plot, but regardless… delicious to watch.
    Don't eat BEFORE watching this movie. Select a place afterwards and thoughtfully.