The Tax Collector

Real close to that "this is so bad, it is almost entertaining" line. If the ridiculous stereotypes and casting of Shia as a Mexican cartel were not enough, the script is somehow almost worse. Some of the action scenes are the only aspect keeping this from a lower rating and I luckily watched this with others, which always makes bad movies more enjoyable. 3.5/10
    Very suspenseful, great acting, had me at the edge of my seat, and overall very entertaining. Super violent with some really dark elements, and shocking images. Some parts were really predictable, but other than that a pretty cool film
    Kind of predictable on what was going to happen. Shae Lebouf attemp to pull off an Al Pachino scarface fell a bit short but he did an ok job. Ending was a let down in my opinion.
    Good action and the story line was okay. They never really develop any of the characters. Shia Labeuf's character seemed interesting, but they never got into that. No one even has a last name so that shows how well written the movie is. But an ok mindless movie to pass the time.
    Omg i enjoyed the movie a lot!! I would actually see it again!!
    generic action/drama film. nothing new or good about this film
    Firstly Shia LaBeouf got a tattoo for nothing, secondly the film is full of clichés. waste of time and the worst script by David Ayer
    The movie felt short and very predictable, but I would still recommend it. Shia LeBloeuf’s role was overrated.
    What starts out as a mildly entertaining, albeit cliche-ridden crime drama, ends up as straight-to-DVD-quality in my eyes. This is another one of those movies that I gradually dislike the more I think about it. If you're familiar with David Ayer's work, you know the guy loves making crime movies set in L.A. This one is no different; it's rife with tropes from his other movies, both character and plot wise. I can't buy Shia Labeouf in this role. Not once was I convinced that I should be terrified of him, especially with how undignified his character's fate is. Am I supposed to fear 'Louis Stevens'? His Chicano accent is awful too. Speaking of people that are miscast: George freaking Lopez plays the main characters crime lord uncle? All I could think about was "I GOT THIS!!!" whenever he was on-screen. Not the slightest bit intimidating. The antagonist 'Conejo' is straight out of a comic book and so over-the-top, which actually makes him the most entertaining character in this mediocre movie. There's some plot threads that don't go anywhere, the 3rd act veers off into generic-revenge-thriller territory, and the final showdown against the main bad guy is executed like a Karate Kid movie (no joke) where our protagonist remembers some combat maneuver he was taught earlier in the movie that will help him defeat the antagonist. It's just a messy script riddled with poor writing that stretches logic to a laughable degree. Had the movie remained straight forward and not tonally crapped the bed, I would've given it a marginally higher rating, but alas.
    Probably the best movie I've seen in 5 years. If you have a weak stomach I wouldn't recommend it tho it's pretty graphic 5 stars for the acting and the way it connects you to the characters!