The Trip to Greece

Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    The Trip to Greece is like welcoming two old friends yet again whose company you enjoy and make you smile and laugh. Not hugely substantial but yet very welcoming indeed. This film is the fourth (and probably final) installment in the 'Trip' series, following on from journeys to UK, Spain and Italy. I would say the first one was the best and this one sits comfortably alongside the Spain and Italy editions. In this one Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon trace the steps of Odysseus after the Trojan War. Which actually begins in Turkey before taking in many historical sites of Greece. As well of course as various visits to tasty looking restaurants. It's all very amiable as we learn a fair bit of ancient history and are regaled with wry stories and of course impressions. Coogan and Brydon play off each other beautifully, making for a very enjoyable if not essential experience.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    This is probably my least liked of the franchise. I thought the ending was an unnecessary downer, especially as this is said to be the last we'll get (why on earth, I wonder, wasn't there a "Trip to France" and possibly one to a US state? Trip to California? Trip to Louisiana?). As always the snarky dialogue and competitive imitations of celebrities is hilarious. Steve was superb doing Mick Jagger.
    I love the Trip movies. I think this was my favourite of all 4. Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan’s interactions make me laugh so much. The jokes are great, the sites are spectacular, and the emotions pack a punch. Although these movies might not be for everyone, they are some of my favourite films.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star Icon
    More good fun, good chats, good fun. Makes me want to travel and eat at expensive restaurants
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    They could've saved millions by just having the two leads hold up pictures of each other for two hours while saying over and over you're wonderful, no you're wonderful.
    Half Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Horrific. So boring. Amazing to think they got paid to be so damn boring and unfunny. They should use this to torture terrorists.
    Full Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    When we searched for a movie this had a 90% rating. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN??? My husband and I both found the bantering of the two main characters tedious and not funny. They ate at what looked like exceptionally good restaurants but we never got to see the food. We stopped watching less than half way through....just couldn't take it anymore. I wish we could get our money back.
    What an irresistible movie broth.
    Full Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    As a Greek American I was disappointed. There was no authentic Greeks in the film. Actors were hysterical and informative.
    Full Star IconFull Star IconFull Star IconHalf Star IconEmpty Star Icon
    Great mix of pathos and humor.