The Trip to Greece

89% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score89%
  • The Trip to Greece sees this series subject to the laws of diminishing returns, but Rob Brydon and Steve Coogan remain reliably enjoying company.
    Kevin CrustLos Angeles Times
    What began as a fairly lighthearted series of vignettes has developed some gravitas in the end.
    Adam GrahamDetroit News
    Yet the melancholy of the outside world eventually creeps in and crashes the party like an unwelcome dinner guest, bringing "Greece" to an oddly unsettling finish.
    Justin ChangNPR
    Personally, I hope we haven't seen the last of this squabbling, endearing duo - or heard the last of their Michael Caine.
    Anthony LaneNew Yorker
    Not much has changed in a decade of tripping.
    Joe MorgensternWall Street Journal
    The joy for me, or the steady-state enjoyment that occasionally rises to joy, is the far-ranging, free-associating quality of Rob's and Steve's riffs, and, most deliciously, their wizardly impressions.
    A.A. DowdAV Club
    At least everyone seems self-aware about how much they're repeating themselves yet again.
    Dan ScullyPhindie
    This final entry feels a bit flatter than its predecessors; a bit perfunctory.
    Leonard Maltinleonardmaltin.com
    I don't wish to seem ungrateful, as Brydon and Coogan have given me great pleasure and many laughs in the past--but was this half-hearted film (edited down, like the other features, from a six-part British TV series) really necessary?
    Tom MeekCambridge Day
    A talky travelogue-cum-side of comedy that feels very Anthony Bourdain, it's not a dish for all, but another healthy serving for fans of the first three "Trip" films...
    David 'Mad Dog' BradleyAdelaide Review
    The fourth and final entry in Michael Winterbottom's Trip film series is darker still and more melancholy than the previous pics, despite the gorgeous locations.