The Way I See It

, 86% Certified Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • The Way I See It takes an engaging look back at a political era from the unique perspective of the photographer who documented it from the inside.
    Mark FeeneyBoston Globe
    But what's best about the documentary is all that Obama sun. It's hard to come by these days, even in retrospect.
    Kevin CrustLos Angeles Times
    Though it goes adrift at times, the film lands at a moment when you may need some uplift and provides a welcome reminder of what executive dignity looks like.
    Richard RoeperChicago Sun-Times
    At times [it] comes close to sounding like a Democratic Party promotional video, especially in the late stretches, but Porter is a talented director who knows every picture tells a story, and boy does Pete Souza have a story to tell.
    Leah GreenblattEntertainment Weekly
    A flawed but galvanizing documentary...
    Peter DebrugeVariety
    "The Way I See It" feels like it could carry on being relevant to audiences for decades to come.
    Brian LowryCNN.com
    Simply in terms of presenting a draft of history through his earlier work and scalding commentary via his more recent endeavors, Souza's aim has been true.
    Sean P. MeansThe Movie Cricket
    It's not often a political documentary is designed to make the viewer smile - righteous calls to action are the norm - but Dawn Porter's "The Way I See It" elicits grins and laughs, because of the good-natured, happy fella that she profiles.
  • , Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Angie HanMashable
    The Way I See It feels like little more than a bit of PR fluff for a bygone leader - and perhaps, by extension, his former VP.
    Sharronda WilliamsPay or Wait
    The Way I See It may be one-sided at times but is a fascinating documentary on the importance of journalism and compassion we desperately need in the world today.
    Brandy McDonnellThe Oklahoman
    A picture is worth a thousand words, and thousands of pictures make a compelling case for the continued importance of photojournalism in the age of video in "The Way I See It.