The Whale

A gut wrenching, Oscar winning performance by Brendan Fraser.
    Never expected to see Brendan Fraser in this type of role. Cast really able to invest you into their character. Satisfying ending.
    Absolutely loved it!! Brendan is amazing!
    A brave Brendan Fraser performance surrounded by a host of one-dimensional side characters and hackneyed melodrama due to a screenplay that wreaks of bad t.v.
    Absolutely riveting. Such a powerhouse of performances. I was totally blown away by Brendan Fraser's portrayal.
    Fabulous acting and riveting storyline
    Is a bit slow and just not for me.
    Great movie and I highly recommend it as a great view
    BRILLIANT movie thats very heavy and disturbing at times. Brendan Fraser did a fantastic job!
    I really liked this movie and found it very moving. I don't understand why so many people think it's fat phobic or exploits the obesity of the main character. Charlie, as portrayed by Brendan Fraser, is a real person. He is fully human with flaws and virtues. When his life partner died, he spiraled and became morbidly obese. He's not "greedy" he has a problem. Charlie is intelligent and compassionate, he has a great sense of humor and can spot BS a mile away. I hope Fraser get a the Oscar- he deserves it.