The Whale

I cried when he dropped his pizza and ice cream on the floor :( I'm ok tho he licked it up in the post credit scene :) Bro the whale is secretly a marvel movie :0
    this film is long, unbearable to watch, and utterly discusting. Out of every movie I've watched lately this movie gave me by far the most visceral reaction. If you like films that will make you sick to your stomach (in the best possible way) this movie is a must see.
    The movie made my breathing erratic. Everytime Charlie struggled to breathe properly, my breathing got shallower. I guess this is a strong sign of good acting and a story I could get into. Even though there is barely any physical movement in the film, the film was well paced. Brendan Fraser and Hong Chau deserve all the flowers for giving us exceptionally heartbreaking performances.
    It had me crying, it is a real tear-jerker of a movie. Just be sure to mentally prepare yourself for it.
    The movie wasn't about the streamer caseoh
    The Whale may not have the strongest ensemble or the most profound script— but Fraser's performance is undeniably brilliant.
    Liz. Is she a good person? The Whale is one of the best movies I watched this year. While most characters have complex personalities and motivations, Liz, I believe, is the most misunderstood character. People generally tend to refer to her as a good person in the reviews and comments. She is a positive character for many. Indeed, she improves many aspects of Chralie's life. She accompanies Charlie in his lonely evenings and takes care of him in his daily life. She Is one of the few people who do not reject Charlie and accept him as he is. She saves his life at least twice, finds him in a wheelchair and constantly tries to persuade him to attend the hospital. There is no doubt that she cares about him. And this is why she is so interesting. What if we dig a bit deeper? On many occasions, in one way or another, she lets us know that she knows best what Charlie needs. Once, she even said that only she could help him. Why would she say so? Let's take a closer look at some of her actions, which only seem good at first. 1. She tries to guard Charlie from interactions with his daughter and wife, which only seems correct at first glance. She is protecting him from stress. We might justify this action and think that Charlie has a heart disease, and clearly, his physical condition takes its toll on his mental state. It's probably a good idea to avoid stress. 2. She tries to kick the missionary Thomas from Chrlie's house as she knows that the tragedy of Charlie's lover is closely related to the new church. While those actions have some positive aspects, they are alarming. We can guess that she does not have children or any personal life, and after surviving the loss of her brother and sharing this tragedy with Charlie, she becomes an over-caring mother figure for him. Charlie makes her feel important. Many of her actions can be explained by some degree of the saviour syndrome. She is needed, and she likes it. Subconsciously, she isolates Charlie from the world. She knows better. Only she can help. Charlie only needs her. When she notices Ellie's essay on the kitchen counter, she reacts harshly and tries to cut off the possibility of restoring their relationship immediately. She was afraid of it. Charlie did it behind her back. If we think about her care routine, she never really tries to help him fight his food addiction or help him live a healthier life. She constantly enables his bad habits by bringing huge portions of junk food into his life. Does she want him to be healthy, or does she only want to support his life as it is? The scene in which Charlie reveals to everyone that he has money closes the loop. Liz did not get upset. She got offended at Charlie. She runs away from the house in tears because still there is someone else more important to him than her. Just like with every other character in the book, the relationship between Charlie and Liz mirror the thought from Ellie's essay on Mobi Dick: the perception characterises the viewer - the whale is just a big beautiful animal and nothing else. In the same way, Liz's personality is revealed in her perception of Charlie. He is the mirror that reflects the soul of each character around him.
    I did not get a change to see this movie in theaters or at home, until now 2024 all I could say is WOW 😮 OMG !!!! I alway knew Brendan Fraser was a good actor but this shows his genius, great acting chop. This movie tug in all my emotions i wanted him to win for all the previous works he did but no one never notice ex God and Monster, Traffic and yes the Mummy ( which to me is still one of the best franchises around and does not me to be reboot) the 22 Oscar for Best Actor was well deserved when i watch the movie i am battling with my on weight, but this movie was more that the his weight, it was about his relationship with GOD, his daughter and how he see himself. This movie I think everyone should watch it but I truly believe in a couple of yr this is going to be in the list of one of the best movie around
    For 2 hours you can watch someone dying. It's very emotional, it has flaws (in screenplay mostly), it's remarkable. This is kind of movie that probably you'll never forget.
    Absolutely amazing movie. I really felt like I was there. Very impactful