The Woman King
audience Reviews, 99% Audience Score
- Rating: 0.5 out of 5 starsIf you're into revisionist history and like the idea of watching a movie that doesn't teach you anything meaningful, by all means go ahead and watch it. Personally it's an hour and a quarter of my life that I won't get back.
- Rating: 1 out of 5 starsA rewriting of history. One of the worst tribes in Africa and a major player in the slave trade; providing slaves for the Arab and European markets. Also, certainly not a tribe that supported women's rights or in reality respected them. Should have been marketed as a fictional movie and no mention of the tribe given. There were real African women who could have been the role model for this theme.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsThis movie is incredibly stunning, moving, and awe-inspiring. I cannot thoroughly put into words how much I love this movie. Absolutely phenomenal performances all around. Viola Davis is pure perfection. Every second of this movie, I was captivated. Our world needs more movies like this untold story.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsViola Davis is amazing as always. Riveting movie with great action sequences - well acted
- Rating: 4 out of 5 starsHistória sem final... gostei da ação, mas senti várias lacunas na história sem conexão... desempenho da atriz fantástico. Poderiam ter melhorado o enredo!!!
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsStrong characters made this movie a win for women and black culture. There aren't enough portrayals of black history in a strong light.. Accurate or otherwise.
- Rating: 1.5 out of 5 starsI don't know how long it will be before they delete my 2 star rating. As far movie is concerned, it's literally a headache. It's like Hollywood is having a checklist for every movie they make.
- Rating: 5 out of 5 starsInstant classic shows the vibrancy of the African kingdom of Dahomey. The Agojie warriors are beautiful and brutal. Viola Davis another stunning performance! Director Gina Prince-Bythewood does it again!
- Rating: 0.5 out of 5 starsOverall unentertaining.
- Rating: 1 out of 5 starsnot very true to the real story