The Wretched

Absolutely terrible, worst horror movie I've seen in ages and does not deserve more, so bad
    More of a 'teen scream' with extra gore than a horror movie. Painfully predictable, lame jump scares, and a twist that is barely set up, and sloppily executed. Frustrating to the point of audible groaning.
    Plenty of well-tread ground here, but done well enough to be worth a watch.
    Fun, inventive horror movie.
    The Wretched is a decent movie overall, but it's lacking in elements to make for a real horror movie. The story is a bit of a back and forth with creating a narrative between the characters to build relationships and simultaneously branching into the horror aspect of the film. It creates a bit of a disconnect where the suspense is broken so you're missing the "on the edge of your seat" feeling. It could be seen as intentional where the writers were looking to tie in an underlying sense of mystery, but with key elements presented in a forward manner there isn't much left for the viewer to unravel. While die hard fans of the horror genre may find this movie disappointing, anyone looking for a monster murder flick will find that The Wretched delivers slightly better than average. Final Thoughts: Good concept, poor delivery. Most people can probably watch this with the lights off and never think twice.
    Fantastic Horrer movie and Different Content...
    Don't let the first 5 minutes fool you, the next 90 minutes are painfull to try to sit through. All the characters are poorly written, superficial and feel fake. Adults are infuriatingly oblivious (and not even in the fun horror trope way, just lazy writing). I'd rather slam my hand in a car door then watch this movie again, and I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy.
    The movie is great as it offers a witchy supernatural beast that will give you wendigo/succubus vibes. The added thrill of not knowing who could be one adds more excitement to the body snatcher theme- however it falls short when you begin to overthink this creepy beast has to maintain a normal life of chores and picking out a wardrobe. Kind of makes you wish that it was more toward creepy night stalker like in the beginning instead of possessed lover by the end.
    Another one that I just wasn't as floored by as everyone else seemed to be. It's a serviceable little horror flick, with some interesting ideas at play, and admittedly some cool visuals, but it just didn't engage me. I mean, it's only been a couple weeks and it's almost completely wiped from my memory...
    Just a teenage horror movie. File under: not scary