The Zone of Interest

the movie has a great concept.But I can't endure that pressure of background sounds and I have bad feeling. The sounds are very frightening.
    Incredibile. Glazer cements his reputation as a genius.
    Enjoyed this one, it’s a slow moving fly on the wall type film. I found this WW2 flick stands out amongst a lot generic films that have come out in the last few years of an over saturated film genre. I like how the horrors of what is unfolding next door is just out of eyeshot but not earshot. The producers of this film have focused on the sound to hint at the horrible industrial killing machine that is churning next door to the Hoss families idyllic home. I love how you never saw the crimes going on at Auschwitz but could just hear them in a muffled way, it almost makes it worse than say Schindler’s list, as you have to use your imagination. I found Hedwig Rudolf Hoss’s wife to be a pitiful character, she is so oblivious and indifferent to the human suffering her husband partakes in for his work. She is only concerned with domestic affairs and her and her children’s needs. She is a typical example of the obliviousness and callousness of the German population at that time towards the Jewish people. Although I realise the vast majority of Germans had no idea what was occurring at these concentration camps, Hedwig would have been privy to a lot of it which makes her despicable in my eyes.
    I won't lie. I had to watch a YouTube video to understand why this movie is really good. The way everything looks and sounds was really disturbing but i just didn't really get It at first and kind of got bored. Having said that, I think it's just really subtle at showing how evil humans are.
    It's a total one off and a brilliantly made film. Amongst the mundanity of the Hess life, the film offers wonderful moments. The dream sequences, the mother who walks away and the shocking end. It forces you to question how this happened and offers suggestions as to how it did. I would love to give it 5 stars and maybe after a second watch I will.
    Kubrick would be proud
    only very lightly inspired by the book. Its almost documentary style of storytelling was worth watching, very different from the book and thus stands on its own. What did the mother write on her note, before she left?
    Were there profound moments in this film? Absolutely. Was the concept original? Yes. Could it have been more powerful as a short film? I think so. I was really intrigued by the first half and then I realized that the film wasn't going anywhere and was sadly going to rely only on the shock of human atrocities. The end was breathtaking and heartbreaking, but again this didn't need to be 2hrs.
    Jonathan Glazer's Masterpiece confronts the audience with the horror that follows from complicity with the genocide of millions. It shows the ordinariness of the lives of people who looked away and made themselves accomplices to the tragedy; it is therefore a lesson for all of humanity for all of time to never choose apathy, preferring comfort and ease over doing what is right.
    Don’t bother. If you’re looking for camp life perspectives from a neighboring German family, watch The Boy in the Striped Pajamas instead.