Trees of Peace

Beautiful albeit tragic story. Unique plot. Beautifully shot!!
    This was a great film to watch. The actors were amazing and delivered intended emotions clearly. The plot was also great - as a viewer who's unfamiliar with the history of Rwanda, this was an eye-opener and a reminder that history is not that far away.
    This is a profound story that attests to the fact that not everything needs to be romanticized or embellished beyond recognition, motive or intended impact. That is the reason pervasive apathy, complacency and obliviousness continue to prevail. This movie does an excellent job of illustrating that the Rwandan genocide was awful and that people endured suffering that was both swift and sustained. It reminds and informs viewers that for approximately 100 days, life experiences for many Rwandans were reduced to narrow views, perspectives and vantage points, i.e. limited existences contained to small spaces—be these spaces roadblocks, schools, churches, hotels, or kitchen cellars. It is unfortunate that some reviewers I've read entirely missed the essence of the film, seemingly driven by a need to be charmed and entertained that outweighs acknowledgment of the array of human responses to trauma, regard for the survival instincts trauma can activate, and empathy for victims like these amazing characters executing their personal tactical responses to it.
    Trees of Peace does a triumphant job of meticulously telling the stories of its protagonists. Even in its contained setting the film does a wonderfully meticulous job of detailing the personal affects of atrocities of the Rwandan genocide. One may find it hard to believe that this is the directorial debut for Alanna Brown, the film's writer-director. I'm sure we'll see more important and wonderfully told stories from this filmmaker. At least one can hope. Bravo.
    The movie was great!!! Very powerful!!
    It was a very compelling story. You can see other characters and the cinematography is great
    This movie really touched my soul. This is an excellent period piece. A must see!
    The movie is absolutely outstanding. It resonates a lot to the recent events in the world. Directing, acting captivates you and brings very simple, but always important idea that only being one we can stand together against evil and keep our humility.
    This film takes an unflinching look at the Rwandan genocide through the eyes of four very different women. I was moved to tears but also felt a sense of hope for the resilience of humanity and finding peace in unexpected moments. Brilliantly cast, shot, and edited. Do not miss.
    Just finished watching this on Netflix.... wow... It's a heart-wrenching subject but approached with respect and realism. The claustrophobia and fear is palpable, but so is the love and understanding created between the very different women.