Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1

"This penultimate "Twilight" film is the best in the series so far. It's languorous, romantic, moody, and, in the end, horrifying."
‑ Bruce Diones, New Yorker
"It all goes wrong just when it should go right."
‑ Sara Stewart, New York Post
"For those still in possession of their wits, this film is not only the worst of the Twilight flicks so far, but just about the most melodramatic and insipid movie I've ever watched."
‑ Amy Curtis, We Got This Covered
"Breaking Dawn - Part 1 transfers pivotal events from the source material to the screen but fails to translate those events into a competent two-hour movie experience."
‑ Ben Kendrick, ScreenRant
"As a movie, this isn't terrible; none of them have been, really. Each film has gotten a director who has tried to do something simple and honest with Meyer's tormented material."
‑ Rob Gonsalves, eFilmCritic.com
"Color us stoked that a Twilight movie even strays into evil-fetus territory."
‑ Joshua Rothkopf, Time Out New York
"Melodrama reigns in this supernatural soap opera, even though author Stephanie Meyer's tale takes a decided turn toward the weird and violent."
‑ Peter Howell, Toronto Star
"The worst film in the "saga." Utter camp."
‑ Roger Moore, McClatchy-Tribune News Service
"This film was made for the fans as they're going to be the only ones able to appreciate it, despite it not having any redeeming qualities whatsoever."
‑ Jeff Beck, Examiner.com
"Entertainingly bad. In fact, it's the funniest movie we've seen this year even though it isn't a comedy (we think)."
‑ James O'Ehley, Sci-Fi Movie Page
"The last twenty minutes of Breaking Dawn are so harrowing that it's possible to forget that most of the acting is soap-operatic (the guy who plays Carlisle is aging to look like Liberace) and the dialogue from hunger."
‑ David Edelstein, New York Magazine
"This is a well-made film, though sometimes unintentionally funny."
‑ Richard Roeper, Richard Roeper.com
"These movies have become one big joke, with hokey acting, slapdash visuals and Kindergarten dialogue. It felt like such a parody that it might as well have been directed by those jerks who made DISASTER MOVIE and EPIC MOVIE."
‑ Austin Kennedy, Film Geek Central
"Dialogue howlers and largely soapy, melodramatic performances abound."
‑ Brent Simon, Shared Darkness
"If I can say anything for the film, it's that it delivers exactly what the legions of Twi-hards want and expect--or what 'Team Edward' wants, anyway."
‑ Michael Dequina, TheMovieReport.com