Tyger Tyger

I watched this the day after I saw Nomadland, knowing that it was filmed in a similar location with non-conformists living off the grid but Tyger Tyger couldnt be any further from that film, it is like the younger sibling that is brimming with angst and on drugs. It definitely has that Wizard of Oz type story but frenetic and gritty. It's fascinating that these two films came out at the same time. Some people might not like it cause its different but it definitely will appeal to the younger generation whose parents love Nomadland and will hate Tyger Tyger.
    Critics are so harsh here! Thankfully the audience thinks the opposite. A really complex script that ties into so many other plots. Seriously well done, respect the film and their unique approach to filmmaking.
    The quality of this film is so dope. Lots of great actors and lots of twists and turns. Ending was pretty epic too!!!!
    Great flick! shot beautifully, stunning performances and a unique psychedelic tone.
    I'm hoping this film gets more recognition and awards. Lots to talk about her in terms of the crazy plot and the talented actors involved in this. For sure one of the better films i've seen in a long time. A must watch!
    I loved this movie, I was so excited to see Dylan Sprouse in any movie. But Wow what a ride, the ending was AWESOME!!!
    What a film. Right from the start this had me on edge.. Highly entertaining, watch it!!!!
    Tyger Tyger is an unusual movie that will appeal to those looking for something different and real that stretches their imagination. Its cinematic imagery is gripping and sucks you right into its dreamscape, into the action of the movie, kind of like being in some trippy lucid dream. It conjures a contemporary vista resembling those old photographs of the 50's and the Depression by people like Robert Frank or the New York School of photography, but more psychedelic. I felt like I was seeing the events unfold from inside the movie. Like Nomadland, which it somewhat resembles, Tyger Tyger evokes a series of poetic scenarios that buzz with the energetic undercurrents that have exploded in our lives over the past pandemic year. I thought the actors' performances were strong and caught myself laughing out loud several times. The way that the director tells the story rings true with the story itself and communicates the fractured reality of outlaws on the run not only from the law but from everyday consciousness. Although this is not a perfect film, it has the energy and excitement of watching the breakout of a filmmaker with plenty to show us for years to come, a visionary artist perfect for our edgy times.
    This poetic portrayal of love and addiction is beautifully shot, and feels as raw as the journey out of the fog must be. Sam Quarin and Dylan Sprouse complement each others performance throughout. The journey is so fantastical that it feels hyper-real and unique beyond its comparables. The last act, beyond all else feels like a spiral into the beautiful abyss you can't escape. I have no idea how Mondragon was able to work among the locals like he did with the talent immersed in character. An interesting portrayal of a world that few will ever know. Well done.