Unsilenced

I found this movie very refreshing! The group of young actors did a fantastic job in conveying the emotions of the characters, thereby immersing me in the storyline. The movie gets 5/5 from me because of the compelling characters, excellent cinematography and masterful Direction from Award-Winning Director Leon Lee. I would recommend this movie to anyone who is into action-drama movies, likes movies based on true events, or is interested in the truth.
    I think it's a really great, uplifting movie. It truly exposes the atrocities committed by the CCP against Falun Gong practitioners, as well as the persecution of human rights caused by the CCP.
    A low budget film,a bunch of sequences are mess up in the movie.
    This was a good film, and making a clear point about the persecution of Falun Gong — unbelievable that something like this is still going on in the world. Its a great intro into whats happening in China, even up to today. There were some parts that were a bit convenient, plot line-wise and with people happening to be in certain locations coincidentally at the right moment, but over all the film is impactful in the right ways. Definitely worth the watch.
    This is the kind of movie Hollywood is not able to make anymore. Kudos to Taiwan for allowing the filming. Locations are excellent. Recreating a dirty Beijing in 1999, 10 years after the students massacre is a great achievement. This story might go down in history as the next holocaust Now: solid structure and character development. Makes you wonder whether youll stand for the truth. Love the reporter character. Too many coincidences to make the story move on. Ending is predictable until the very end. Grading and editing on point. Recommended!
    This movie is heartbreaking and inspiring at the same time. Based on a true story, it engages you and you're able to experience what these young people went through - which apparently many are still experiencing today (20 years later). For that reason alone it's a "must-see." There are subtitles in English and Chinese at various points of the film but they flow well and are easy to read. The evils in this world are unprecedented and this movie does us all a favor by providing the opportunity to open our eyes and see what is really going on.
    The movie is truly inspiring. As someone who grew up in the US, I can never imagine what those practitioners had to go through under such a repressive regime. I admire their courage and strength to keep fighting for the truth. They are resolute and steadfast in their faith, bringing forth the truth to the world. I think this movie should be shown to all college students.
    I like that there's a positive message in this story even though the events it describes are quite horrific. Activists standing up for what they believe in and not backing down from a powerful government. Unfortunately this seems like a common theme in this world but the story was still pretty unique. I feel like it shows how more creative approaches to activism are needed under even more evil forms of oppression.
    It was an amazing movie with good acting. I really appreciate the hard work. Many names in the credits are anonymous. It seems the team is living through the story they are telling. The story reminds one of an Orwellian society where the government controls everything. But this is based on true events and is happening in real life; it's how life is under CCP. Then again, look at what is happening in the West. People cannot be naive or keep silent anymore. Truth comes with a cost and needs courage. The movie gives the audience the opportunity to think deeply. More people should come and watch.
    Thank you for producing such a powerful and meaningful movie. I literally couldn't speak for a while afterward. I noticed that so many of the names in the credits are anonymous, persecution is continuing to this day. Great historical movie I've watched, strongly recommended.