Us

The best acting performance from Lupita Nyong'o!
    Good movie, even though it's my not as good as get out but it's still scary and funny at the same time. Dark humor. 4/5 or 92/100
    While not as good as Get Out (Get Out is very hard to match), Us is still a very solid film put out in an amazing year for films. Once again, the highlights of the film are the acting and the suspense. Some of the plot twists were awesome, and the film had many of the same strengths as Get Out. This was the second part of Jordan Peele's hot start as a director of full-length films.
    rated 3 years ago: after sitting on this for a few days, i've decided that i very much like this movie. it's really quite ingenious. however, i didn't catch a lot of the underlying messages/easter eggs until after the fact, & i was expecting to be scared after watching a horror movie so when i wasn't i was a little disappointed. but like i said; top notch.
    With his sophomore movie, Jordan Peele crafts an intelligent and wholly intriguing horror film that despite a somewhat weak ending and varying levels of atmospheric tension is suspenseful and ambiguous with strong direction and an amazing lead performance from Lupita Nyong'o.
    Absolutely shite!!!!! I feel robbed of my evening watching that!
    I had high expectations after "Get Out"... "Us" has good actors, well executed slasher style kills, but only the beginning seems coherent. When the film ends, we realize that it is a simply absurd and senseless story. Even so, the experience was good, it doesn't let you get out of your chair. Watch it without thinking too much about what you are watching.
    Starts well but begins to fall apart after 15 minutes, just a very dumb movie.
    After the brilliant, amazing "Get Out" and a great Twilight Zone episode "Replay" also by Jordan Peele, not to mention all the enthusiastic reviews, we were so primed for more brilliance. And got a slow muddle (granted, with some scares). When one of the menacing characters has to spend five minutes explaining the plot, toward the end, you know they didn't take the time to finesse the story. Disappointed and baffled. Lots of potential, great performances, but the whole arc of it is like a slowly leaking air mattress. When you end up on the floor, you're sorry you paid $3.99 to rent it.
    Combining the classic twists and turns of a slasher with the now signature underlying symbolism of Peele, Us will keep you on the edge of your seat end to end, then leave you questioning the too often ignored problems with capitalism.