Users

, 47% Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Wendy IdeScreen International
    While its ideas might fail to fully coalesce, the film is unnervingly beautiful; an immersive and mesmeric aural and visual experience.
    Jessica KiangVariety
    The film's hypnotic rhythms can become soporific at times. It doesn't help that so many of its spoken arguments are phrased as questions the speaker is uninterested in answering or further investigating.
    Richard WhittakerAustin Chronicle
    Users, sumptuous as it is to look at, has little new to say about the bane and boon that is modern technology.
    Eric KohnindieWire
    "Users" is without a doubt the kind of overwhelming sonic experience best-suited for a large screen and a top-notch sound system capable of doing justice to its ravishing design.
    Alissa WilkinsonVox
    Quite a few films at Sundance considered the effects of technology on our lives, but none were quite so lyrical or elegant - or, perhaps, chilling - as Users.
    Nick AllenRogerEbert.com
    The documentary has a great flow, and Almada's curiosity often becomes our own.
    Dennis Harvey48 Hills
    I... found the film’s catch-all approach to our collective future a bit vague and pretentious, solemn about making a point that doesn’t ultimately feel very specific or original.
    Cody DericksNext Best Picture
    As intentionally abstract as it's kept, the filmmaker's point is made early on and the film quickly becomes a fairly repetitive succession of beautiful shots with little variation.
    Erick EstradaCinegarage
    Brutally honest... shows us the light and the darkness of a world sheltered in the/our technology. [Full review in Spanish]
    Piers MarchantArkansas Democrat-Gazette
    Natalia Almada's visual essay, about human greed, consumption, and their effect on the world around us is so intoxicatingly alluring to look at, so beguiling in its imagery and visual symmetry, you can't help but become immersed in her concept.