We Summon the Darkness

88% Fresh Tomatometer Score88%
    Katie RifeAV Club
    It also hinges on a big plot twist, so all I will say for now is that it's the best Satanic Panic-inspired horror movie I have seen this year, and there have been several.
  • Rotten Tomatometer Score
    Roger MooreMovie Nation
    Take away the "twist," which you've guessed and which anybody seeing the trailer or even the poster could figure out, and "We Summon the Darkness" only summons tedium.
    Norman GidneyHorrorBuzz
    There is a lot to like here. However, without the energy and consistent pacing to keep us engaged, the movie flounders in points and races to others.
    Anton BitelSight and Sound
    steadily upends conventional prejudices (& cinematic clichés) concerning gender, class and religion - even if, after a relatively early reveal of the Big Twist, there is nowhere left to go beyond standard cat-and-mouse manoeuvres and chaotic farce.
    Kat HughesTHN
    A hip young cast and compelling narrative combine to make We Summon the Darkness a vibrant and cool blend of Funny Games and Scream.
    Meagan NavarroBloody Disgusting
    A throwback horror comedy that offers up just enough surprises and a pair of scene-stealing performances by Hasson and Daddario that will make you throw up a pair of devil horns and hail Satan.
    Joe LipsettThe Spool
    We Summon The Darkness is delightfully madcap, zany and enjoyable, with exceptionally memorable and entertaining characters, particularly Daddario and Hasson...This satanic, heavy metal horror-comedy is everything...audiences never knew they wanted
    Matt DonatoSlashfilm
    We Summon The Darkness takes the stage as a headlining act bathed in tainted blood, light beers, and fangs-out maliciousness. Alexandra Daddario and Maddie Hasson's wild-child performances bring the satanic house down.