Where the Crawdads Sing

Not sure if I was watching the same film as the critics. Sounds like it's another classic example of a film that works better if you have not read the book (Normally the case). It was excellent, gripping, and thought-provoking. Personally, I spent the next few days raising questions on the back of the film which personally is the hallmark of good cinema.
    Great acting and story line. Worth the watch. Was hoping the Academy would recognize the lead actress. While slow at times, good build up and ending.
    I struggled to get through the book. However, I thought the movie was very good. For once, I can say the movie was better than the book which usually doesnt happen.
    Vapid. Boring, predictable, unrealistic with no believable interesting or appealing charcters.
    Here we have another example of how the official "critics" are having problems with the movies. They cannot be relied on anymore. They gurgle out a lot of rubbish and that´s it. Now, we, the common people have the last word. We are the ones paying or not to watch the movies, so my advice is: you have to hear the opinion of the common people, and not that of the "critics" paid by the platforms, if you want to survive. This was a helluva movie! Simply the best I have seen in a long time. Take note.
    good story line to follow through
    This was like a ethereal poem to nature & how it's influence can support & inspire. The acting was very realistic to the characters. A warm & generous journey with romantic pacing.I loved this film!
    Well thought out…well written…great character interaction. A Must see
    Read the book and the movie followed very closely. I loved the movie and my husband did too.
    For both of us, who had read the book and didn't expect too much, it was THE movie of the year. Beautifully produced and filmed and wonderfully acted. Don't pay any attention to the dispirited critics who seemingly panned it.