Who We Are: A Chronicle of Racism in America

, 100% Fresh Tomatometer Score
  • Who We Are: A Chronicle of Racism in America offers a stirring and persuasive reckoning with a subject that's as fundamental as it is highly charged.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Christy LemireFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    It gets its arms around a really complicated topic very efficiently, but in a way that is also thorough and surprisingly emotional.
    Joe MorgensternWall Street Journal
    The film's content isn't ritual at all. It's one man's answer, eloquent and heartfelt, to the challenge of reframing our discussion of a subject that has us numb from repetition.
    Peter DebrugeVariety
    An engaging and essential essay film that makes its points clearly, backed by evidence, for those open-minded enough to consider their education incomplete.
    Matt FagerholmRogerEbert.com
    Who We Are should be made required viewing in every American school as we find ourselves perched, once again, at a pivotal tipping point.
    Robert DanielsLos Angeles Times
    Through Robinson's fervor for truth, Emily and Sarah Kunstler's "Who We Are" chronicles how such heartaches, when observed on a personal level, remind us how knowing the unchangeable past can still improve the alterable future for the better.
    Ronda Racha PenriceTheWrap
    Speaks to the power of cinema to reflect the times by sparking conversations and changing minds.
  • , Fresh Tomatometer Score
    Andy KleinFilmWeek (KPCC - NPR Los Angeles)
    I thought this was a terrific film.
    Alci RengifoEntertainment Voice
    At a time when inequality and social unrest feel like incoming thunder across this nation, Robinson’s history lesson is a needed look at where we’re coming from and where we keep going.
    David HarrisSpectrum Culture
    Even if you feel you are well-versed in American history, the documentary will likely confront you with sobering facts that somehow were never mentioned in your high school history classes.
    Sherin NicoleAWFJ Women on Film
    Who We Are vivisects the great American disease. Through interviews, historical imagery, and oration: Robinson is a "rebel without a pause"...because a history denied is one that rears up to bite again