Wish

I might have given this movie a higher rating if it wasn't for how BAD the animation was, the lighting on the scenes and the way the characters interact with the backgrounds gave me such a bad headache. The songs were also cringey as hell, as much as people might get sick of Miranda his songs have a certain charm this movie doesn't pull off. The songs literally didn't relate to what was happening in the plot half the time, which you know, defeats the purpose of a freaking MUSICAL. "Here I are" Die 1.9/10
    Would've rate it lower if I could. If only they'd stick with the original ideas maybe the movie would've been good
    很不用心的劇本,不只看不見反派的邪惡,一群貪婪的子民,幾個不怎麼讓人有印象的主角後援團,主角還很不討喜,我不知道整部電影他們想表達什麼。
    Wish é um filme que é super especial para aqueles que são fãs de carteirinha da disney... como eu :) Mas, se não eu não fosse um fã da empresa e chegasse para assistir o filme só para assistir o filme, o que é o básico para qualquer produção diria que é um filme com um roteiro não muito bem colocado, sem muita criatividade, daquele tipo que você já sabe qual é o final. A animação mesclagem de 2D e 3D ficou perfeita, além das músicas que não saem da cabeça. No mais, para quem nasceu e cresceu assistindo os filmes da Disney encontrará muitos easter egg's e se emocionará um pouco com a história que movimenta todos os filmes e a empresa desde de o seu início com o Walt Disney há 100 anos atrás: O Desejo!
    It is very disappointing that Disney didn’t even try, but it’s hardly surprising these days. What happened to True Love’s Kiss breaking curses and evil magic? What happened to actual storylines that make sense and have good morals you can take away? I have so many issues with this movie but honestly because they didn’t put any effort into any part of the movie, I won’t bother to give an in-depth review. In short: the animation was boring and unfinished, the songs sounded wrong lyrically and some didn’t make sense, and in all the points they tried to make to force Magnifico into being the villain they just proved his point and honestly he wasn’t really a villain in the end. Not to mention that the main character was selfish and greedy, and had zero reasoning skills.
    "When you wish upon a star Makes no difference who you are Anything your heart desires Will come to you" this ia the first verse to the song wish upon a star and Wish has embodied this song perfectly has given it the perfect origin story not just for the song but all the disney movies and dreams that where ever created. Critics may judge this movie harshly, but as a true Disney fan this was a wonderful movie with a great message. The world could learn from this movie.
    This movie has caused me mental trauma, a drinking issue, and a highly deep depression. After seeing this movie I have no longer been able to pay my rent. This movie was so horrible I slept outside for a week after seeing it. This movie is the reason I don’t donate 28 cents when I go to McDonalds. This movie is so bad it shattered my TV.
    While the animation mixes traditional two dimensional style with a modern aesthetic which is surprising and fresh, the storyline and flat character arcs undermine any artistic effort. It's not clear what distinguished character traits make up the main protagonist. She doesn't undergo any trial of self discovery or transformation, she's just something with a self serving interest that happens to be hyper emotional. The main so called villan, the king on the other hand has worked hard to create a utopia of peace and prosperity, and rightfully guards this woth a sense of responsibility for the entire community. He does get by an evil entity in some vague magical book. But even after his defeat there is not even an attempt to redeem him, not even a sense of bereavement from his long time wife the queen. She just throws him into the dungeon to the laughter and joy of everyone. My 11 and 14 yr old daughters watched at the same time and were visibly annoyed and confused by this moral mess. In fact they hated the film.
    Not good. Typical Disney movie these days.
    The animation was gorgeous but it didn't have much else going for it. The plot was weak and all over the place. The songs were not catchy or memorable. Normally, after a new Disney movie we all have the songs stuck in our heads and the kids ask me to play them. Kids 5 and 8 claim they liked the movie but never mentioned it again after.