Wonka

Wonka is just an annoying movie with all it’s musical numbers, story was good but just overrun by musicals, top top of that it’s too long felt like a never ending movie musical
    I really wanted to like this movie. Cool visuals, acting was generally good except when overacted. They went heavy on the quirkiness throughout the film. Timothy Chalamet may have looked like Gene Wilder, but he is NOT a singer in a musical. I think this is one of his weaker performances. You try not to compare to the original Willy Wonka, but tonally this character and story felt very different. The original movie felt mysterious and dark at times. Had they dialed down the musical, and been closer to the original in tone, I think Chalamet would have worked better. This just felt too quirky and had a contrived darkness that was not earned. I really don't get the high ratings on this, but art is subjective I guess. This film felt very manufactured. Not natural. But all in all, dull story, forgettable songs, TOO MANY songs, and an unsatisfying ending that felt abrupt.
    Wasn't the biggest fan of some stuff in here but overall, a nice family movie that I walked out of it impressed. I would definitely recommend this movie for a family movie night.
    Entrepreneurship, the musical. Bold new twist on an old story.
    I was surprised I actually like this movie. Nice take on a classic. Nothing will ever compare to Gene Wilder but this movie is companion piece to it.
    one of the best movies of this year. Timothee really delivered with his acting skills
    Was looking forward to seeing this movie ,but was totally disappointed. The plot was dull ,and boring ,it had way too many songs ,and chalamet I thought was completely mis-cast as wonka. Would of been better to do a re-imagining of the original movie which I think would of worked better ,and then did the follow up "great glass elevator" which has to this day never been made into a film. Missed opportunity i think 👎
    It was a solid prequel, but a story is only as good as it's villains. The villains felt like cheap Disney villains and they weren't menacing enough. If I ever hear that "scrub scrub" song ever again I might stab out my eardrums with candy canes.
    A good movie with good songs, loved it
    Better than I expected