Wrong Turn

Found myself rooting for the locals. When taken from that perspective it's a watchable film.
    Es un reboot y se aleja completamente de las anteriores. La película en si es bastante buena, tiene varios giros en la trama y mensajes bastante copado. Porque 3 estrellas? Por un lado no funciona realmente como película de "terror", es suspenso como mucho. Y por el otro si se llamara de cualquier otra manera seguro la puntuaba mas alto, eso me genero esa dualidad de ser algo que me gusto pero no es lo que me esperaba (seguro así se sintió la gente que fue al cine a ver Halloween 3 por ejemplo). En fin, recomendable dentro de todo.
    I loved this movie. It kept me on the edge of my seat with unexpected plot twists and an ending that goes beyond your typical movie endings. I know it must be tough coming up with an original movie plot but they pulled it off. I think this is a must see. It is gory so I wouldn't let my kids watch it.
    Beyond woke, yet the unintended result is the victims are punished for being woke. Skip it. This is not a Wrong Turn movie.
    I gotta put some respect on Mike P. Nelson's name after this ✊🏼 So unexpected and SO good ! Thank you for making something great out of this mockery movie series 👌🏼🏆💯
    It wasn’t what I thought it was going to be about
    This remake exchanges a tried and true franchise formula for one of contrasting ethos and as a result employs more than just cheap thrills to keep you engaged. However, these insights aren't packaged well enough to drag the production out of the low-budget genre film pool where it rightfully belongs.
    What an utterly asinine film. It almost feels like it's trying to say... something (?) about society, or Millennials, or city folk, but it is just so monstrously cynical about the whole thing. Every group is portrayed with such cynicism. No one acts like a real human being. The main young characters are just a cynical conservative 40-something's idea of what young people are like, the Foundation hill-folk are an incurious capitalist dude-bro's idead of what an anarcho-primitivist society would look like, even the rural townsfolk are just a shitty rich city person's idea of what country folk are like. Yet none of the young, yuppie protagonists are unliveable enough for me to cheer when any of them are brutally killed, which I feel is how slasher films like this are supposed to go down. They're all just sympathetic enough to get that bit of empathy, but then I get the distinct feeling the film makers don't share that sympathy. Also is has about as many false endings as Return of the King, but with none of the satisfying pay-off. Cynical, mean-spirited, over long and utterly confusing garbage.
    Wrong Turn (2021-rental) is the reboot of the Wrong Turn Franchise (so by number Wrong Turn 6). It has nothing to do with the previous films and strangely has a much (much) higher budget then the previous films. It is a pretty paint by the numbers horror film until the midway point when it suddenly becomes something else . This jump doesn't fully work as Ohio is a poor visual substitute for Virginia...and even Virginia just isn't that "rural". Had they pulled the settling to Northwest or Canada the second half of the movie would have worked..far better. (there is a plot point about elk hunting with a chain in Virginia ...that had my son and I laughing pretty god damn hard _ elk are in Virginia but were reintroduced there in the 2014s and number under 250...but god damn Virginia is proud to all ready be hunting them...not to be out done MN hunts their herd of 17 elk...(Montana has an elk population of over 150,000 and still limits elk tags to avoid catastrophic inbreeding you crazy bastards). But every act is a little bit better than the last and the (real) ending works. It is not great but horror fans will likely get a kick out of it 3 stars out of 5
    Enjoyable, fun, decent gore. Story isn't deep, some cool effects, and twist ending(s).