You Hurt My Feelings

To me it felt like a realistic, even if somewhat light, portrait of the midlife crisis in a relationship, but especially as to the self-doubt about the path we've taken and on which we are so far along it's really not easy to return. There's the realization that we may really not be the best in our activities, though good enough. Compounded by the challenge of being involved in a young adult offspring's path. Julia Dreyfus has made some thoughtful films.
    Great! JLD goes from strength to strength.
    Loved it. Absolutely nailed the female hypocrisy of wanted an 'honest opinion'. which they never really do, then being horrified and angry when they get it. Spot on
    A killer cast reminds us that all loving relationships are built on a foundation of deception.
    Amazing movie! It's cute and authentic.
    Nicole Holofcener has a way of exposing the nuance of the classes. In this case we're dealing with a rich married couple of Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Tobias Menzies in NYC and the duo have a fantastic chemistry. Holofcener takes a familiar story and makes it real and fresh. If you're in the upper crust you may not even understand how the film subtly is mocking and self-aware. A fantastic date-night movie for the happy married couple! Final Score: 7/10
    It has its merits, but lack the spark of some earlier Holofcener movies. There are some funny scenes and an early set-up (buying socks) that has great potential but disappointingly goes nowhere. The husband character is so bland it is kind of annoying that he takes up so much time. The problems these folks have are exceptionally minor, ordinary and normal. Which I guess is the point but then you need some characterizations or dialogue or some twist or angle that isn't here. JLD in the lead is fine, but she made me miss Catherine Keener from other films by this director. A film which, if nothing else, succeeds in making NYC look boring.
    "You Hurt My Feelings" might seem slow to kick off, but it evolves into a captivating and thought-provoking narrative. Led by the incomparable Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Beth, the film is made up of a stellar cast. However, the true gem is Jeannie Berlin's portrayal of Beth's mother, Georgia—an underrated actress who shines in her role. The story unfolds with multiple layers, adding depth to the overall experience. The humor is subtly woven throughout, delivered with wit and finesse that avoids feeling forced. While the initial pace may deter some, perseverance should leave you with a satisfying journey. Stick with it, and you'll discover its worth.
    Boring, couldn't care less about any of the characters. If this is life, I am rooting for the zombie apocalypse.
    A subtle comedy about how nobody is effectively "adulting" anymore.